Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate calorie count during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
After 1 hour of spin or stairs, calorie count is 65! How can I correct the actual calories?
Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Community @Cnegrea56. Did you manually log an activity? If you do, can you tell me which activity you logged? Since there are some activities that might take away some calories. Also, I recommend checking your personal information, specially your weight and height.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your prompt reply.
As custom activities, I have logged on stair climb (my stair master). On the machine, after one hour, it red 600cal. On the Fitbit (I turned it on manually when I started), it logged about 60 or 80 calories.
The same happened with my 45 minutes spin class.
I just rechecked my personal information and I entered it correctly.

CN
Choose your attitude!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm finding the same problem with my Blaze! How did you fixed it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not . I go into my app, in the exercise section. At top right there
is a clock icon. Click on it and I customize what I did, and delete the
erroneous one. Heart rate will be automatically added to my customized
entry.
Hope it helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the quick reply.
You do this all the time or your Fitbit started to work better?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the quick reply.
You do this all the time or your Fitbit started to work better?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Is it subtracting the bmi that you have been given credit for from the total calories burned during the excercise? For example if bmi is 159 an hour even sleeping and you go for a run burning 600 calories an hour would you expect to see 441 captured for the run?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I realize I am responding to an old post but this is where I ended up during my search and I'm new to the this forum.  Anyway, my Blaze seems to count calories fairly accurately except on a Stairmaster.  My average burn rate for cardio (treadmill, eliptical, etc) is about 85 calories every 10 minutes.  My Blaze recorded less than half that on the Stairmaster, and I had selected Stairclimber on the device before beginning the exercise.  I know I burn more calories on a Stairmaster than any other machine. Any idea what the problem is?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the idea. I will try.

CN
Choose your attitude!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes