Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate step count

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have noticed that for my blaze to really count my steps I have to have heavier steps. If that makes sense. Is there a way to change the sensitivity?
Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

That doesn't make sense the Blaze is looking at arm motions, not your leg motions. A natural arm swing should be fine. Try a restart of your tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found the Blaze to be wildly (and inconsistently) inaccurate.  I am awaiting a second replacement from Fitbit, but the first two have shorted me anywhere between 10% and 30% of my steps on any given day.  

Best Answer
I'm wondering with what other arm based tracker your comparing the stride with, and have you done a simple step count test while on a walk?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm comparing it to the Charge HR that I replaced with the Blaze, and yes, I have done multiple (20 or more) 100 step tests, as well as traversing a known path multiple times with both devices. For example:  The two mile walk I take every morning consistently yielded between 4000 and 4200 steps with my Charge HR.  My husband, on the same walk, consistenly gets around 4000 steps on that same walk.  However, the Blaze has, on the same exact walk, never gotten over 3,800, and has gotten as low as 2700.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. Blaze count less steps. I compared it with my Charge which is 99% accurate. Fitbit sent me a replacement Blaze, which is also counting 20% to 30% steps less and more less at times. When I did a 100 steps accuracy test, it counted only 58 steps which is on a straight side walk. I am on communication with support. I will respond here if it helps.

Best Answer

@chacks wrote:

Yes. Blaze count less steps. I compared it with my Charge which is 99% accurate. Fitbit sent me a replacement Blaze, which is also counting 20% to 30% steps less and more less at times. When I did a 100 steps accuracy test, it counted only 58 steps which is on a straight side walk. I am on communication with support. I will respond here if it helps.

They should send you a replacement.  They sent me a replacement, but it was even worse than my original one (it counted only between 26 and 71 steps in over a dozen 100 step tests), so they are sending yet another one.  This will be the last shot for Blaze...if this one isn't at least 90% accurate 90% of the time, it's going back and the Charge HR is coming back into action.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have gone on a short walk (about 500 steps) and counted each step and I come up about 10% short

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm intrigued as to why you'd expect a replacement d vice with exactly the same software and hardware implementation to give you different results?

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, my hope is that the Blaze is not a failure of a device, and that I just happened to get two defective duds. Or was that a facetious question?
Best Answer

I am finding the same thing my steps are not accurate it waited over 4 mins to count when i went on a walk for over 3 miles. The stairs are a big issue for me also. it sparatically counts them when it wants it seems. this is very frustrating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have noticed that when I'm driving and I go on an over pass it will say that I did a set of stairs. It's because the blaze has an altitude ready so when you go up 10feet it counts that as a set of stairs

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, third Blaze and in a series of 100 step tests, I've got 82, 104, 65, 56, 63, 55 and 93.  Just for yuks I did a 400 step test and got 250.  Chances that I got three duds are pretty slim.  I'm done.  This thing is going back (along with the two replacements).

Best Answer
After two weeks of going back and forth with the company I'm finally getting a replacement so we'll see how that one works out 😑 my hopes arnt to high

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
Sorry to hear you had to deal with that 3 times. I have the surge and the blaze. Have noticed the blaze does not track my sleep accurately as well as my steps. I took a timed 3 mile charity walk over the weekend and my blaze logged 2000 steps....when I contacted Fitbit they told me to restart but they didn't see where I had been very active On my dashboard.. Well duh, because it did not log the steps. At this point, with all you have gone thru, I believe I will just return it. I was going to give my son my used surge, guess I will just tell him sorry, out of luck 😉
Thanks for the post though
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still doesn't work either.  Just did another test tonight - walked 3 miles, my Blaze said I only walked 2.29 miles through Connected GPS and only gave me 3,423 steps!!  WHA?  Obviously this product has some HUGE issues that should have been worked out before they put it in the market - if it were fine, I can't imagine all of us would be having such issues with the basic function, step counting.  Funny enough, it tracked my bike ride last night just fine.  The Blaze has so many functions I like, I hate to return it so do I roll the dice and hope they come out with some sort of fix?  I think first, we have to get them to admit there is a problem.  Hopefully, with more posts like this, they will!

Best Answer
0 Votes