Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent & Inaccurate Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
The blaze is still not accurate even using the new replacement. When on my wrist it is off by half a mile and off by almost 700 steps. Today I put the watch on my shoe just to test it and walked 1 mile and it was accurate based on mapmyfitness and I drove the route as well??? GPS feature is never correct. The step count is always off. I move my arms when I walk which should not affect the GPS. Why am I getting an accurate result by strapping the watch on to my shoe and not getting an accurate result when wearing it on my wrist this makes absolutely no sense to me. To pay $200 for something that doesn't work is ridiculous. My stride is automatically set, I make sure my device and blaze are seat and all bars are ready to go on the GPS before I start. I welcome any suggestions I'm on my second device I will not be getting another replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@chicks_rule wrote:
The blaze is still not accurate even using the new replacement. When on my wrist it is off by half a mile and off by almost 700 steps. Today I put the watch on my shoe just to test it and walked 1 mile and it was accurate based on mapmyfitness and I drove the route as well??? GPS feature is never correct. The step count is always off. I move my arms when I walk which should not affect the GPS. Why am I getting an accurate result by strapping the watch on to my shoe and not getting an accurate result when wearing it on my wrist this makes absolutely no sense to me. To pay $200 for something that doesn't work is ridiculous. My stride is automatically set, I make sure my device and blaze are seat and all bars are ready to go on the GPS before I start. I welcome any suggestions I'm on my second device I will not be getting another replacement.

The Blaze does not have built-in GPS. There is no GPS chip in the Blaze. Fitbit Blaze uses the GPS from your phone. 

Collin | Los Angeles, California

One, Charge HR, Aria - Android 5 (Moto X), Mac

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information. Help others while waiting for help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply, I do understand there is no GPS in the blaze and that is off of my phone. My phone is always with me and always in the same place when I walk or run. I am not in an area that there is poor satellite reception and I have no issues with any other app that requires GPS or tracking as in "map my fealk"it is always accurate. Placing the blaze on my shoe or on my wrist should have the same results and it does not. That is the issue that I have ,
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree, with chicks, today I got a award for walking over 10 flights of stairs even though I was never even near a elevator or staircase. Also I was awarded for walking over 5 km, even though my cell phone app (different app) says I only walked 2km whispered I think is a lot more accurate. I am so thankful there is a good return policy where I purchased this Blaze ( great name cause all I want to do with this watch is blow it up and burn it)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand why the shoe would be different the arm moves with every step the shoe takes.

Have you done a simple step test? I count every left foot then times it by two, and compare with what the Blaze says. I frequently find it about 15 - 20 steps off on a count of 100, but it is also only 15 - 20 steps off on a count of 1000 steps. This ilhas been my experiance, it seems to be thrown off the first few steps after a pause. 

Best Answer
0 Votes