Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Data On Fitbit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all, 

I just bought my Fitbit Blaze a few days ago, and I have some concerns that it is not correctly tracking my data. 

I am incredibly unfit unfortunately, and believe this may be the reason. 

However im concerned that my Fitbit has shown 43 'Active Minutes' today when I haven't done any exercise at all, stayed at home and not went for any walks. 

Im also concerned that the Fitbit shows me as being in the fat burn zone when my heart rate goes to around 98bpm, my resting heart rate has been 76-85bpm so walking to a different room will cause my bpm to go to 98-100 surely I won't be in the get burn zone just for walking to a different room? 

Does anyone one have any tips for adjusting the settings on my Fitbit to track a little more accurately, or is it accurate? 

Thanks 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi. @Dweelan, the reason you are getting "active minutes" is because your Fitbit is detecting an elevated heartrate -- indicative of activity.

Hopefully as you get fitter this will sort itself out.  However, in the meantime, you may want to set up a "custom zone" for your heartrate.

My friend @wmchapman has provided an excellent explanation in this thread.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the Community, and good luck on your fitness journey.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer