Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insanity + Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello yall, I'm new to the community and to the fitbit family. I had a quick question and if anyone could help me out that would be great. My question is how can I track my Insanity workouts ? When I go under track your life exercise they give you options like sports, running, or aerobic ? To clarify my question, which option do I choose? Or do I have to manually log in my stuff? Because I really want to know how many calories I burn during my workouts.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
I'm fairy new to the community as well. I was wondering the same. Do I simply choose Workout or Circut Training if I am doing an activity like Zumba or Jazzercise? I've tried it on both and the calorie count for the very similar workouts were about 200 calories different. Anyway to add a custom workout?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Go into the menu and open "Devices". Down at the bottom you'll see "Exercise Shortcuts" and you can pick your activities. For Insanity, you will most likely want to put it under "Workout" as that is the only one that you can edit to specifically name your workout.

Best Answer

@Itz_Ofo Welcome to the Community! You can choose if you want to use workout or circuit training so it can track your information properly. 

As @SunriseRunner41 mentioned, you can choose which exercise shortcut you want to user by going to menu, open devices and choose the exercise shortcuts. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I'm fairy new to the community as well. I was wondering the same. Do I simply choose Workout or Circut Training if I am doing an activity like Zumba or Jazzercise? I've tried it on both and the calorie count for the very similar workouts were about 200 calories different. Anyway to add a custom workout?

Best Answer

Yes you can create a custum activity. Go to you activities page, note scroll down and to the right, under activities you will see "Create a Custum Activity". Thos activity will then be able to be manually log it like the other activities.

Best Answer
Awesome thank you all for the advise
Best Answer

I had the same issue tracking T25 workouts today. Enter the Insanity Workout as "Workout", add the start time and complete the workout. Then from the Fitbit dashboard, you can go back and edit the workout when you're finished, select 'Add custom workout", and rename it to "Insanity Pure Cardio" or whatever Insanity workout you've just completed.

Best Answer

I'm trying to keep track of my calories burned from my insanity workouts and I've just got that the most I've burned is 175!! When I had my Garmin I was burning 400-500! What is wrong?! How do I get my Fitbit Alta HR to record more accurately? I've tried to go to main menu and find devices but I guess I'm doing something wrong?? Help??!!??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the main menu?? The only devices I see is to choose the Fitbit device that I have?? Help please!??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree I just did Insanity Max30 and it showed 216 for calories but when I have my phone strapped to my arm with the fitness app I am at almost 550.  I currently have the Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If anyone is interested I’ve started a closed group. From me a message and I’ll add you if you’re interested 👍

https://www.fitbit.com/user/7MS85V

Best Answer