Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth buying the Blaze at the moment with the Rumored Blaze 2 coming out this year

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey so just out of curiosity of the rumored blaze 2 coming out this year, should I just wait until they announce it or should I take advantage of the sale that is currently occurring?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There is always a newer piece of technology just around the corner. I would say if you need it now, buy it now. What you read is just that, a rumor. You also might want to look at the Charge 2. It is smaller and a new device.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, as someone who is interested in buying a Fitbit Blaze should I take advantage of the sale that is currently occurring or wait until the officially announce the rumored Fitbit Blaze 2 that should be coming out this year

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is always a newer piece of technology just around the corner. I would say if you need it now, buy it now. What you read is just that, a rumor. You also might want to look at the Charge 2. It is smaller and a new device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A fitness track is more of an optional item, unlike a car or computer or phone that makes you more productive. I like to think of the Fitbit app as a motivator to move, and you only need a compatible smartphone to get started with Fitbit using MobileTrack. Its somewhat interesting, nearly everyone that I know has stopped using a tracker after a few weeks. The ones that don't are either data geeks, or like seeing daily step counts as validation or motivation.

If you currently have a Fitbit and are interested in the smartwatch concept then I recommend holding on to it, and wait for Fitbit to launch a smartwatch. If you don't have a Fitbit and like the smartwatch concept, hold on and use MobileTrack if you really want to get started. Personally I've got both a Blaze and Apple Watch and the Blaze sits in a drawer because the Watch is far more useful all day long.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

p.s. Fitbit CEO has stated on quarterly investor calls, many times now, that Fitbit plans to launch a smartwatch in 2017, and reduce the number of models (currently 8: 4 basic, 2 HR, and 2 smart fitness). 

Those are facts, not rumors. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

But their is nothing that states that the next Fitbit is going to be called the Blaze 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Waffles21 wrote:

Hey so just out of curiosity of the rumored blaze 2 coming out this year, should I just wait until they announce it or should I take advantage of the sale that is currently occurring?

@Waffles21 Fitbit is planning to introduce a smartwatch, we don't know the name. I assume when you say Blaze 2 you are referring to the smartwatch. Hope the information in this thread is helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes