Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any information on how atrial fibrillation and the Blaze heart rate accuracy?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any information on how atrial fibrillation and the Blaze heart rate accuracy?

I'm a Fitbit and Blaze newbie, with Afib, will this condition cause inaccurate heart rate readings?     

Spoiler

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I'm interested as well.

My afib was solved with drugs, but I choose not to continue the blood thinner and was advised to get a fitness tracker to help me determine if I go back into afib.

Not sure how that would work.

Best Answer

@RadyGMy Blaze tracker is excellent for trending.. I don't use it for checking my maxHR because at the higher levels it's inaccurate.

When I check my sleeping HR by using Custom Activities and "home" in on a particular area ,Fitbit only gives you typically 8 plots/minute.. That's why I say trending.

I was trying to pickup a missing heart beat which is impossible when your RHR is around 53 bpm and only 8 plots/minute... That issue was all cleared by my cardiologists.. Born with it and a genetic low HR.

@RadyG wrote:

I'm a Fitbit and Blaze newbie, with Afib, will this condition cause inaccurate heart rate readings?     

Spoiler

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer