Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the Fitbit Blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am on my second Blaze in Just over two years the second has lasted just over 15mths I am being really disappointed to be offered 25percent discount on a different fit bit but really I can’t afford to keep buying a watch that doesn’t last a year 

really bad experience 

anyone else had similar problems?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My 3rd fitbit blaze stop working 3 weeks ago. Instead of calling to complain like I normally would I just purchased a samsung watch. Hoping I have better luck with this. I enjoyed my blaze when it was working. I think fitbit knows that the blaze is defective and was not built to last which is the reason they discontinued that line. such a shame. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there @Boxer61. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your tracker 😕

when it comes to your warranty, this will last for one year from the time you pair your tracker. Now, as a way to keep you on track, our team will offer a discount on a new tracker unlike other companies that will not offer anything once the warranty expires.

If you ever want to take advantage of the discount, let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep!

Had mine for 1 year and 2 months, heartrate stopped working, therefore a no sleep monitoring as well. I contacted customer support and they offered 25% (which brings their store price to the same price I payed on Amazon), I refuse to pay another $170 for a discontinued product with poor performance.

When I replied with my disappointment in their product, I received a condescending email back where they played up the 25% off offer and stuck a jab at the end of:

"We strive for excellent customer service and in the past often replaced devices that were not covered under warranty. Though customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we now enforce our warranty consistently."

Greatly frustrated that after spending $230 on the device and accessories that barely out of warranty the product stops working.

Best Answer
Absolutely this has finished my ideas of dealing with a company who reply like this and I like you will be boycotting fit bit and spreading the word how badly they follow up with customer service

Sent from my iPhone
Kind regards
Colin Neill
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, it's really poor, they should've never released that product (Blaze), this was my reply to them:

"

Hi Silvia and the Fitbit Team,

While I understand the demand of running a global business such as Fitbit warrants consumers abiding by a policy of a year manufacturer warranty, which is common with many products, I hope Fitbit can understand the frustration of a consumer who pays $160.00 for a device as well as $70.00 for an upgraded band and that said consumer would expect that device to operate as intended for more than one year and two months. 

While I appreciate the 25% off offer, I cannot bring myself to either:

1) purchase the same product at full cost which I originally payed (product has been discontinued).

or

2) Pay as much or more for an alternate product.

I do not believe that I can rely on Fitbit to provide the quality device that one would expect from paying a premium price for a product.

Thank you,
Ian
"
Best Answer

I’m on my third replacement Blaze. The first two were a disaster but at least I got a free replacement. Now my current problem is that the battery completely drained about a week ago (not the fault of the Fitbit). As a result the time was off by about 45 minutes since it took me that long to start the recharging process. From my reading I understood that this should correct itself after the next resync.

Wrong!!

I tried everything suggested on these forums and nothing worked. I finally contacted support which basically took me through the same set of try this, try that to no avail. So they threw up their hands and then they gave me the 25% off shpiel which I declined.

So, I was left with a tracker that was useless as a watch but at least it could track. Wrong again ! With all the fooling around my device refuses to sync properly. Every time I try to sync I get a message that says:  “TRACKER NEEDS SETUP – We’re having trouble syncing your tracker. Set it up again to connect it to your account.” So I go back and set it up again…and again… and again.

No Joy.

So I’m going out and getting a good wrist watch and stop worrying about tracking anything. I’ve had it with Fitbits.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here!  I'm tired too!  I guess I will try something different as well because I've went through more than just Blazes.  I've had two Flex, one Charge HR, and two Blazes and everyone of them have had issues. Some right before the warranty and others right after. My current blaze is shaking back and forth, and the charge is not lasting long and wouldn't you know it right after the warranty is over.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear you’ve had the same experience and bad service
I’m now using a cheaper better alternative it’s a Vibe 3 pretty much does all the Fitbit did for a fraction of the costs
Good luck and have a Merry Christmas

Sent from my iPhone
Kind regards
Colin Neill
Best Answer
0 Votes

My 3rd fitbit blaze stop working 3 weeks ago. Instead of calling to complain like I normally would I just purchased a samsung watch. Hoping I have better luck with this. I enjoyed my blaze when it was working. I think fitbit knows that the blaze is defective and was not built to last which is the reason they discontinued that line. such a shame. 

Best Answer
It’s about time fit bit as a company accepts liability and replaces the faulty watches
I ask what would Apple or Samsung do this really isn’t good fit Fitbit they have discontinued the item because they know it’s faulty

Sent from my iPhone
Kind regards
Colin Neill
Best Answer
0 Votes