Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It won't sync to my Motorola G4`

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i was bought a Fitbit Blaze as a Christmas present, however it wont sync with my phone, a Motorola G4. I know this phone isnt on the current list of phones, but what is the likelihood of Fitbit adding it?  what seems to be the issue anyway, I thought Android would have been acceptable across the board?? Forgive but im not technically minded so if I'm wrong I'm worng. I dont want to have to return the Fitbit and exchange it for another model as this suits my needs perfectly.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Great news! Thanks for letting me know.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

The list of supported phones at www.fitbit.com/devices shows those phones confirmed by fitbit to work. Phones not on that list may or may not work.

I say that because I have the G4 Play and it works fine (although I have not tested notifications). I know there are differences between the G4 and G4 Play but it suggests there might be a chance to get your phone working.

Did the setup routine go ok or has it never synced? Can you describe what you have done so far?

Best Answer
0 Votes

SteveH thatnks for the reply. I have installed the fitbit app the phone, it attempts to sync but wont complete it. I just end up with the red exclamation mark!

I have installed the app on my Windows 10 laptop ans it syncs ok there, but that soirt of defeats the purpose of the app on a "smart" phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have seen posts where the exclamation mark is associated with a failed update of your tracker (although if the tracker update failed then I'm not sure why it would still work with your laptop).

But just in case, check this help article that has a picture of the exclamation mark icon. If it's the same then try it's suggestions.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steve

now I feel really stupid, when I went on to "settings" I noticed the Bluetooth Classis wasnt enabled... doh!!!! I had assumed it would automatically be on!!

It has just synced to the G4 for the first time.

Thank you for your time

raymat

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news! Thanks for letting me know.

Best Answer