Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just upgraded to Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Took delivery of my fitbit yesterday morning up and running by the afternoon got to say its love! Upgraded from the Charge HR and oh my its just so nice. Love so many features especially now you can control most of it from the fitbit rather than through the phone or dashboard.

12798874_10207771578301553_7621469316356327335_n.jpg

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi Lgee.  I agree with you.  It is fitbit love with the Blaze!  In addition to being stylishly designed and having all of the right fitness features, I love the colorful display and like you, the fact you can control many of the features right from the device, such as tapping the clock face and being able to bring up the date, heartrate, calories burned, or steps to sit at the bottom of the display. And the ring that changes colors as you reach your step goal is a nice touch too!  Keep stepping, and YAY, fitbit!!  HeartSmiley Happy

Stephen | USA

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.--John Wooden, legendary UCLA coach

Accepting Solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody's Fitbit experience. Take a look here for more Fitbit help.

Best Answer

Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I ask why you went with the blaze over the surge? (minus cost factors of course 🙂 )

Best Answer
0 Votes
Less bulky.. coloured screen.. tempted to have the latest of everything which isn't always possible.. 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ChristineK.  I like the size, interchangable bands, and the dressy look.  If I put a black leather band or stainless link band on it, it is very suitable for dress.  On the other hand, the colorful fun bands are great too!  I have plum color.  I also love the colorful display.  The Surge doesn't have that.  I also discovered last night that a little colorful fireworks type display goes off on the screen.  Very fun! 

Stephen | USA

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.--John Wooden, legendary UCLA coach

Accepting Solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody's Fitbit experience. Take a look here for more Fitbit help.

Best Answer

@Lgee I'm super happy that you love Blaze! I have the exact same one as you, and I've been wearing it SO much. Like @Stephen1227, I can't wait to try out some new bands. By the way, I've relocated your post to the Blaze Forum so that other people can see the photo of your Blaze and add to this thread!

@ChristineK I have both the Surge and the Blaze, and in my opinion, Blaze is much less bulky and therefore better for my personal everyday use. I do like to run though, and Surge has built-in GPS (this is why it's bulkier) so I always use Surge for my runs. Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Add me to the list.....I ALMOST got the Surge, but the Blaze announced the week I planned on getting the Surge.  The interchangeable bands, changeable faces/display, text notifications......all great......yet not too convulted with third party apps and other mess.  It is 100% what I wanted and hoped for.

Best Answer

The kitties are very cute!

Best Answer
0 Votes

A few weeks into the blaze and its still love, not exercising as much tho as I've hurt my arm 😞 but bring on the future 😄 on an other note my slimming world journey took an unexpected turn yesterday after loosing 2 stone 3 lbs since december last year I got Greatest looser award in my group YAY! Thats all thanks to my fitbit for motivating me and my group at slimming world I couldnt have done it without either one.

Best Answer

Yes less bulky and main point is you can change the band I had surg and after 6 month the band starts to

break apart. the only differenceis no GPS. get a nice arm band for your phone and you will be good to go. plus most Phone GPS is way better than the Surge GPS unit anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lgee Nice work! I'm sure you'll be back in action sooner than later, and back at reaching for your goals.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really wanted to love it as much too.  It does look great.  Unfortunately, there are too many issues with it.  First, I noticed it really is lacking in the silent alarm department (useless actually for waking in the morning).  While that was disappointing, I was willing to forego that very nice feature but then I found the step count is hugely under counting.  Again - I would even look past that because I'm more into heart rate during exercise over steps, and that seems off as well.  And fitbit customer service is outstanding, I'll never complain there.  They immediately sent me another Blaze, and I really hoped that I had just gotten a dud.  Nope - the replacement was exactly the same. I am really really disappointed 😞  I hope it's just me, I wish fitbit to do well with the new model but in my opinion it really needs a complete design evaluation.  both fitbits are on their way back and my wrist is naked.  I gave my charge hR away when i got the blaze (I should have waited...lol).  That should tell you right there how I really feel considering I've had a fitbit on me daily for several years now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just curious what problems are you having I'm really particular? I left Fitbit 1 year ago and came back cause of the blaze and I Love it. It's been working flawlessly for me.

Brendan Justis
Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought the surge here in the UK a couple of weeks ago, I returned it the next day as the display and backlight were awful. I need glasses to read and I couldn't see the display and it would have been nigh on impossible to glance and see information whilst training.
The Blaze is far superior to the Surge apart from lack of GPS, I'm not a runner so it's ok with me. The functionality is flawless and the display is outstanding.
My only complaint is the daft colour change system on the zone display, at times it's difficult to read when it goes green or yellow, so I use the pop display, which I quite like.
It's a thing of beauty, my blue strap is great and it's something that I can wear all day with ease.
I love mine.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@David8732 not sure if you are aware mate. But if you go to the settings screen on the Blaze you can adjust the backlight brightness, maybe this will help 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
I knew that thanks ... It makes no difference when the daft yellow or light green comes on. I can still see the time and heart rate it just seems to make it more difficult.
Cheers
Best Answer