Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Blaze "screen on" as an option during exercise modes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been a Surge user since its launch. And just got my Blaze for a couple of days and wore once to the gym for weights and treadmill.

The biggest disadvantage with Blaze is that the screen won't stay on during exercise modes. That means I have to keep turning my wrist or tapping the screen (which doesn't work all the times!) to see real time data like HR or calories burnt. Having to continue turning on the screen during exercises doesn't make sense and annoying.

I understand due to the fancier color screen, battery will be drained faster if the screen stays on, vs. Surge's monochrome screen. But can "screen on" be made an option during exercise modes? I don't mind charging the Blaze more frequently if it is a trade-off. But at least I get real time info during my workouts which is important to many fitness device users. 

Moderator edit:  Format

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15
Great request, totally agree
Best Answer
There are few customization capabilities on the Blaze. This is not one of the few. Maybe Fitbit will give us more and maybe they will not. The mods will tell you to put it in the suggestion box but it is full.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there! @Edmondlui I totally agree with you, it should be a big change coming from the Surge where your stats are always available to the Blaze, as @SunsetRunner kindly mentioned, I would strongly recommend to support this idea which has been already posted in the Feature Request Board, and also would like to suggest the same to @swuchich since I do believe it will be of great help to all of us and the more support it gets the better. Robot wink

Let me know if you have any additional questions, hope to see you around! 

Best Answer

Would be an awesome feature. Polar a360 didn't have such a feature, but they did add it in some update.

When I'm running on a treadmill its sometimes hard to see my heart rate 😞 

Best Answer

Totally agree with the option to keep screen on.  Seeing my countdown and heartrate is necessary for my workout and you cant' exactly tap the screen when you are holding on to weights or equipment.

Best Answer

Hope Fitbit will listen. So far, none of my requests materialized in the updates...

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should all go vote for it here. The more votes it gets then it could be added

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Enable-screen-to-stay-on-during-workouts-and-whe...

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Good to see you in the Community!

This is a very good suggestion and I think many of us would love to see something like this being implemented.

Make sure to vote for the option that @WendyB mentioned above to hopefully see something like this soon!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I just got my Fitbit Blaze and did a first workout with the device. The screen not staying on during a workout is a big, big drawback, and frankly a dealbreaker. This makes me want to return the Blaze. The heart rate monitor is also not very accurate. I'm dissappointed.

Best Answer

Hi there @NWexploring. Great to see you in the Community! 🙂

At the moment, you can't have the screen on the Blaze to stay on during workouts but I can recommend voting for any of these two suggestions to hopefully see something like this implemented soon. The links to the suggestions are the following:

- Allow time display to stay on

- Enable screen to stay on during workouts and when using timer on Blaze

Any other thing you may need, let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I'm new to the Blaze as well.  I bought one to replace my Microsoft Band 2 now that Microsoft has discontinued it and I can no longer get it repaired. 

It is frustrating that the Blaze screen does not stay on during a workout.  Outside of sleep tracking, that was one of my favorate features of the Band.

It is disappointing to see that the feature request to enable screen to stay on during workouts has less than 200 votes.  Having the time display to stay on has more, but it is not quite the same feature.  I need to see my heart rate and other stats during a workout.  I want to do that without having to resort to wearing a HR strap.

This sort of reaffirms that Fitbits are for casual users, not folks who work out heavily for health and fitness.  The Surge seemed like the better tracker for the more serious fitness user, but it has other compromises that gave me pause--no reminders to move, limited notification options, no strap options, the monochrome lcd screen that's hard to read in low light.

I don't understand Fitbit's strategy.  Why does the most expensive tracker have compromises?  Why does each step up in tracker mean a loss of features in some cases?  Especially when many of the features are just software-based features. 

The Blaze seems like one of Fitbit's premier trackers.  I hope they'll do the right thing and implement this feature.

Best Answer
I returned my Blaze, just not happy with lack of common sense functionality for those are serious about their workouts

Kurt

This email message (including any attachments) is confidential and may also be privileged. All rights to privilege are expressly claimed and not waived. Any use, dissemination, distribution, copying or disclosure of this message and any attachments, in whole or in part, by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify us immediately.
Best Answer

It will be such an easy firmware update from Fitbit. Just do it! Why the wait? One day, loyal users like us may just dump Fitbit and jump boat if others offer what we want. So, Fitbit, listen up...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm definitely returning my Fitbit Blaze. In addition to the screen not staying on, I find out the FitStar workouts are limited to the three pre-loaded workouts, and that's it. I can't load additional workouts or make my own custom workouts. This was a big selling point for the Blaze, but it's a disappointment. And the heart rate tracking is pathetic. I was in the middle of a high intensity aerobic workout, and the Blaze was reporting my heart rate at 65 bpm. I maxed at 90.

The Blaze is a piece of crap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just moved from a Microsoft band 2 to Fitbit blaze as I thought it would have similar features. I am quite disappointed up to now. The band would show your heart rate and change colour for zones. You could also add lots of guided workouts and even build your own to follow on the actual band. I have noticed on the blaze though that if you open the app on your phone once it has synced the heart rate tile is live so you could use that if you needed it for workouts?

Best Answer
0 Votes