Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low amount of calories burned during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've got my Blaze on Tuesday and since then i've done several workouts using trx. And i'm a little bit frustrated about how many calories i've burned during workouts. The amount is really low!
For example today i've done 50 min workout (due to blaze average heart rate 110 bpm) and burned only 162 calories. But it was really hard, non stop workout, it can't be true, i was all sweaty and tired. Before i got blaze i track my workouts using Endomondo with polar strap which measures my heart rate. Usually for the same intensity workout i've burned 250-300 calories for the same time. Even if you just log trx workout using fitbit ap you've got 260-300 calories burned for 45-55 min.
From other side, yesterday i had 30 min slow walk, with average heart rate 85 and due to Blaze i burned 161 calories!!! How can 30 min slow walk be compared to really hard 45 min workout? And how can i burn the same amount of calories in those totally different "exercises"? What do i do wrong? Do i have to wear Blaze tight or loose during exercise? When i have a walk i wear it loosely and during workout tighter.
And also smth strange with active minutes. For the 50 min workout i got only 11 active minutes. According Blaze i wasn't active, seriously?
I bought alta few weeks ago and also decided to buy Blaze to track my workouts, i'm very active: go to gym, run, ride a bike and etc. And I'm really disappointed with how the Blaze work.
Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6
Upd i've tried to log trx workout using fitbit ap on my phone. I entered the same time i've started workout with Blaze and the same duration 49. And got 319 calories burned! And this amount is very close to true! This logged workout has the same heart rate scale brobably it analyses the statistics from Blaze at the same time. It's ridiculous. So i have to log manually workout and delete that from Blaze to get correct calories burned?
Maybe the point is i choose wrong exercise on my Blaze? What kind of exercise i have to choose to trx workout? I choose "workout" and get totally wrong calories burned
Best Answer
0 Votes

Blaze calorie burn estimate is based on heart rate, so first step is to review this wearing tips:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Heart-rate-FAQs/?q=fitbit+blaze+wearing+tips&l=en...

Optical HRM can be hit or miss, some people are more "hit" (it works well) and others are more miss. It also depends on what you are doing, optical HRM doesn't work as well when you are bending wrists like with weight lifting or trx or crossfit. Try out some of the wearing tips and see if that helps.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, but i've already read all this tips.
Even when i walk fitbit shows different heart rate from polar chest strap. The difference is 58 fitbit and 72 polar
Best Answer
0 Votes

Reset is next step. Mine works well, except when weight lifting or cycling, and then its wacky.

I'd call support and see if they have anything to add. Blaze HRM is pretty good at resting heart rate and walking, so its odd yours is so off. Maybe a bad unit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did a reset too. Maybe the reason is trx as you said. Actually i bought it for running, weights, bike and other workouts like trx and if it doesn't work correctly during workouts I don't need it. For everyday life i have alta.
I'll test it for couple of days more and then call support. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't had good luck with weights, trx, and biking. 

Best Answer
0 Votes