Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music: Internet or bluetooth?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If I am wanting to play music through my Blaze, will it only use bluetooth like my car, or will it always need to use my internet data?

Also, this is a silly question, but the phone has to be within 20 feet to sync to music, right? So if I am trying to get away from carrying my phone on runs because it is heavy, this product won't really help, will it? Since I will still have to carry my phone to have access to my music?

Also, does it just sync to Pandora or something like that, or does it sync to my music purchased in I-tunes?

Thanks, new user and music is something that I need to workout so confused on how this works. May just have to buy an ipod, not sure....

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@kelskinzie12 Welcome! All good questions. 

Bluetooth should be good enough for music control if you're using your native music application (itunes, etc.) However, if you're streaming music to your phone using Pandora or Spotify, for example, it would need to have an Internet connection to do so. To answer your second question- yes, the phone needs to be within a pretty good proximity for you to be able to use music control regularly.

I'vehad success with Apple Play and Pandora, so I imagine a few other streaming applications may work as well.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@kelskinzie12 Welcome! All good questions. 

Bluetooth should be good enough for music control if you're using your native music application (itunes, etc.) However, if you're streaming music to your phone using Pandora or Spotify, for example, it would need to have an Internet connection to do so. To answer your second question- yes, the phone needs to be within a pretty good proximity for you to be able to use music control regularly.

I'vehad success with Apple Play and Pandora, so I imagine a few other streaming applications may work as well.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

Hello @kelskinzie12,

Welcome to the community!

From my understanding, you only get music controls through the Blaze.  Think of it like a remote control to (the music app) on your phone, and no, it won't use internet data.

Yes, you'll still need to carry a phone to play music.

I imagine that you can stream Pandora as long as you still get the music controls.  If you have bluetooth headphones and you can use the skip track buttons to control Pandora it should work.

This may work with an iPod touch, I doubt that older models have bluetooth connectivity.  It really depends whether music controls on the Blaze go through the AVRCP bluetooth protocol (like the 'Classic Bluetooth' option on the Surge) or it does some custom interface with the Fitbit App on the phone through bluetooth GATT.  If the latter, then you may not be able to do it, since (I imagine) that the Blaze only 'bonds' to one mobile device.

@EmersonFitbit, do you happen to know the answer to this last question?  Does the Blaze still use the standard bluetooth AVRCP protocol?

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I'll always take the phone with me, in case of getting injured (no one else around to help), getting a important phone call, seeing someone in need of a ambulance, being the only one around to call.. it may save someone's life (hopefully that won't happen, just in case).. or when needing to call road assistance,.. calling work there's a traffic jam and arriving a bit later then normally or having a appointment and telling being a bit later due traffic (even if calculated in possible traffic jams to be on time),.. the phone can come in handy sometimes (mostly not required, though it may be convenient to have a phone with you..)..

Best Answer
0 Votes