Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music control and notifications in Windows phone?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

why can't I play music form my windows 10 phone to my fitbit blaze and  caller ID aswell?

Moderator edit: Update subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Hi,
At the moment you cant, is the short answer. But sit tight as there is an update for the Blaze very soon according to Fitbit support.
Microsoft included some required software in a recent update to enable Fitbit devices to communicate with Windows phones. So firstly make sure your phone has this update.
What I have read on forums etc suggests that Fitbit will release their update for trackers in April.
I know for sure that some windows phone users are currently testing the pre release tracker software.
I was very disappointed to find that my Blaze would not receive notifications after I purchased it last February, but to be honest I haven't missed it either.
Just a few more weeks to wait ....

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

It's great to have you here @theking35! Currently, tracker notifications are not yet available on Windows mobile devices.However, music control should work with it. Please make sure to follow this procedure to set music control in your Blaze. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Just purchased a Blaze after having the app for the windows phone. 

How do you get email/text/call notifications to the phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
At the moment you cant, is the short answer. But sit tight as there is an update for the Blaze very soon according to Fitbit support.
Microsoft included some required software in a recent update to enable Fitbit devices to communicate with Windows phones. So firstly make sure your phone has this update.
What I have read on forums etc suggests that Fitbit will release their update for trackers in April.
I know for sure that some windows phone users are currently testing the pre release tracker software.
I was very disappointed to find that my Blaze would not receive notifications after I purchased it last February, but to be honest I haven't missed it either.
Just a few more weeks to wait ....

Sent from my Windows 10 phone
Best Answer

My Microsoft Band 2 just died and the Microsoft store couldn't replace it, so they gave me any other smartwatch as replacement. I chose the Fitbit Blaze but am not getting notifications on it like I did with the Microsoft Band 1 & 2.  Help! I don't want to have to return this, but if I can't get notifications, I have lost functionality.  My phone is a Lumia 950 running the latest version of Windows 10 Mobile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jwckauman see the solution to this thread, it is the post imeadiatly above your post.

This feature is currently in beta testing.

Fitbit had to wait until Microsoft added the GAITT server

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you Rich, if it's in beta, does that mean I can try it out? I'm not familiar with how beta works with Fitbit products.

Thanks!
Jim

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message and any attachments.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on this issue? Can we get the beta to see how it works?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The private beta testing is closed to new applications.

My understanding ( from this thread). is that the testing is near conclusion

and the new software will be released very soon, on the assumption that

there are no last minute issues.

For me it is very much a case of last chance hotel for my Blaze and 950 combo.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for all the info. I really miss my Microsoft Band 2 but they didn't have anymore to replace my broken one.  Uggg.  I'll give Fitbit a couple weeks to get notifications working, or else I have to return this blaze, get my money back and try something else. Microsoft makes me so mad sometimes.  I love their stuff, but they give up on great products way to quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Caller and other notifications should be available soon, make sure your hardware

is updated to lates versions.

You should be able to control music files on your phone from your tracer.

The most probable reason for failure, is that Bluetooth Classic pairing

is not evident for some reason. This is in addition to the normal Fitbit pairing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know how you feel. I hate Apple products like they are the devil, and everyone and his dog

has a Samsung, the reason why I have a windows phone.

If you change your Blaze, whatever you select will probably have the same issue with windows

..... just a guess.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still does not work for Altra HR with a fully updated Windows 10 phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @rllpearson! Currently, notifications aren't working with Windows mobile devices. However, Fitbit is still working to make them available; you may want to subscribe to this feature suggestion Call and text notifications for Windows Phone because as soon as it's implemented the status will change. 

Thanks for your understanding and patience. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is still the windows 10 phone notifications not posted on Fitbit devices   an open issue?

I purchased the new Ionic and I wonder if it works somehow, at this time with my 950 XL in doesn't 

Best Answer
0 Votes

it works, sometimes intermittently, but make sure your watch in linked in the fitbit app, and notifications are set to on, both on the phone and watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes this is true sometimes it works , it was happening on my vector watch too , and as Fitbit acquired it , 

actually this was one reason i both Ionic -great watch by the way- , for windows 10 phone pair. I thought that Fitbit being much bigger can allocate resources to fix this ,  still hope to fix it .

Hope that being a "dead hand" 😞  ,win 10 phones ,someone will still look for a time on issues and this will not be considered waste of resources. 

Best Answer
0 Votes