Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Blaze no longer holds a charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze has been working perfectly since i got it, battery life would last between 4 or 5 days, now all of a sudden the battery life will only last up to a couple of hours. Considering the cost of buying this item, i am very disappointed in it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Thank you for reporting this @Barnet_John and for confirming that you already tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier. I've proceeded to send your information to Customer Support so they can provide you with further assistance. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

@Purplebint, yes, as you've mentioned, there is a known problem with the Galaxy Note 8 and the battery draining too fast. Regarding the contact with Support, I've send them your information again so they can get in touch with you. It can take from 24 to 48 hours to get a reply from them, so you should be receiving a response very soon.  

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have followed instructions from Fitbit service Team.

I will start with the good news my Fitbit Blaze battery has lasted for nearly 10 days, far longer than previously.

Now the bad news the only features that have been working is the steps (total steps today) and the watch. Heart monitor, sleep, 250 steps per hour and notifications have stopped working.

Very expensive for a pedometer and a watch !

From reading other posts this is the end of the useful life of my Blaze.

Thank you to others in the community for contacting me sharing their experiences.

I will wait for a response from Fitbit while exploring the market for a replacement. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

My blaze all of a sudden has a dead battery after a few hours what do you suggest 

Best Answer

Hi i have the same problem since the app updated a few days ago. Now instead of a few days it wont last more than about 8 hrs at a push. Is there a bug with the app?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my Blaze. I purchased it in the summer of 2017, and never had any issues before a couple of weeks ago. All of a sudden, my battery would die within a few hours. My battery life was excellent before this month. One charge per week, and sometimes it would last longer. Is there any way to fix this? 

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply @Barnet_John and for sharing  that you already tried these troubleshooting steps. I've sent your information to Support again, but it seems they already contacted you about this, please make sure to check your inbox and verify if you received their reply or check in your spam folder.

Welcome to the forums and thank you for all this information @Jlob@Ajr82 and @CAWilder, before considering other options, please make sure to try a restart and exhausted all troubleshooting options in this article. They have been useful to other users as well.  

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good afternoon!

I wear my Fitbit everyday! I started with the flex and now have the Blaze. I absolutely love my Fitbit family! I have only had my Blaze for a short while and have noticed recently the battery is not holding a charge. I have tried to reset my Fitbit and I always make sure the contacts and device are kept clean. Any additional advice? Please help!!! Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem with mine, as the warranty wasn't up I contacted them and they sent me a new tracker. But my friend had the same issue with his warranty being finished and they offered him a discount on a new tracker. I don't think they can be fixed 

Best Answer

Same here,

After almost 2 years good service approx. 2 weeks ago the battery life went from 4 to 5 days to a couple of hours, making the watch useless.

I just logged a case, but there they mention only answering will take 2 working days. As I am quite close to end of warranty, I am getting quite nervous.

Simply not acceptable, that after 2 years a watch get useless !

Best Answer

Hello @Aj_Nash@Kelpar14  and @RVDB and welcome to the new users in the forum.  Sorry for the late reply.

@Aj_Nash  and @RVDB, thank you for all the details that you've provided and confirming some of the troubleshooting steps you've tried for battery draining problems

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. 

Thank you for sharing this information about your experience with the device @Kelpar14

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted customer service and the rep stated that my device was defective. However, it was out of warranty. I have had my device for less than 2 years, and the warranty is for 1 year. He offered me a discount on a new Fitbit. So basically, my Fitbit is useless and I'm out the money. Very disappointing. I will be researching other options for my next tracker. 

Best Answer

My wife and i have both had issues with fitbits in the past but have always taken the discount on a new one option until now. Like you my blaze is less than 2 years old and since the battery life dropped dramatically just over a week ago this weekend one of the heart rate sensors has packed up. Im fed up with the reliability of fitbits so after advise from keen runners that i know im currently looking at garmins as apparently much more up to the job.

Best Answer

@Ajr82  , I feel the same way and went with the Garmin Vivosmart4.  So far, I am loving it.  It does things that the Blaze did not do and is not as clunky.  My husband has had a Garmin trouble free for 5 years.  This post will probably be removed by the moderators because we are not allowed to mention other brands on the site, but I no longer care. Their customer service over this matter has just sucked big time.  Good luck.

Best Answer

I had lost text notifications just before the battery life abruptly plummeted like other posters in this thread have described.  In looking at other posts related to the text issue, I have reverted the app version on my phone back to 2.95 and the notifications have returned.  I am currently charging my Fitbit for the second time today, but I am eager to see if somehow the app version is also related to the battery issues since so many of us experienced this problem at about the same time.  I will report back tomorrow with my results.

Best Answer

Well on the plus side of my heart rate monitor now dying the battery life has improved significantly🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, not terribly good news to report.  I fully charged my Fitbit before leaving work yesterday around 5:30 pm.  This morning, it's down to 45% life.  Certainly better than it was doing this weekend when it would die in a few hours, but nothing like the multiple days I used to get out of a full charge.

I also seem to have lost some functionality on the heart monitor.  If I turn it to On, it works.  However, I get no readings from the Auto setting.

Best Answer

Your Blaze battery level is low

Get use to this - I charged it fully last night - flat by 2pm today

I have been offered a small  discount on a new one or told to turn off features .

If I wanted just a watch I would have bought a watch. 

Best Answer

Given up with the Blaze

it was great but only lasted a little over 2 years 

i have bought a new version - the Versa 

The 25% discount was on the list price which meant it was only £12 cheaper than the Amazon price 

Best Answer

@DavideFitbit this afternoon I tried to charge my Fitbit using my Pc. The usual charging icon did not display the screen remained blank. The Fitbit very quickly became very hot. I removed the charger from Pc allowed Fitbit to cool and tried again using a different port on PC. Again the Fitbit became very hot and I had to disconnect.

My Fitbit is now not only unusable but is dangerous.

Since initial contact no one from Fitbit support has contacted me which is very disappointing.

Looking at the forum this seems a common known problem that Fitbit are failing to address.

Poor customer service. There is a lot of completion in this market and Fitbit are losing customer confidence.

Best Answer

These are just like phones.. forced updates.. which just tick off the amount of time until it is phased out! Every style i have owned seems plagued with this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes