Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My blaze doesnt register any activity i log in under exercise.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to switch up my exercise routine because straight walking is no longer getting my heart rate up enough to burn calories as effective as before. Therefore, I thought I would try out the exercise feature where you can log your own custom work out minutes. First off, there needs to be a way to stop fitbit from counting steps if you are going to be doing arm exercises. I was highly disappointed there was no such feature. S Health app that I was using prior to fitbit had that option, and made logging workouts so much easier and accurate. The real issue came though after my workout. I left my fitbit automatically taking my heart rate so I could tell how effective my heart workout was going to be. I did an entire hour. 44% of the workout I was in fat burning level, 35% in Cardo, and 21% in peak. I was happy to see that I had finally was able to obtain the ever elusive peak level. My excitement was short lived however, when under active minutes it only had registered the walking I did earlier. I refreshed several times and even reinstalled the program, but to no avail. Am I missing something?  How do I get my fitbit to recognize other non walking activities either automatically or manually?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Shellbear26Welcome.. Active Minutes need to be blocks of 10 minutes or more of continuous activity equal to, or above 3 times your sleeping/resting BMR.

If you examine your walking activity by creating an Activity Record on your PC , the large stop watch at the bottom of the Activity Log view, you can examine the bar chart of calories. Click the very small stopwatch next to the created description.  This will do no harm because it is a copy of your data and doesn't duplicate or overwrite.

You know what active minutes you achieved from that and you will see how the Active Minutes is derived.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Shellbear26 and @Colinm39 thanks for stopping by.

If you want to register your exercises, I recommend letting the SmartTrack to do it. This is a feature that will automatically recognize your walking and log everything you need to know about it. Give it a try and let me know the outcome.

Catch you later. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might have overlooked where I had mentioned that my workout was for an hour. It was in fact a continuous hour where I never allowed my heart rate to drop below 99. Still, my time was not registered. 

Best Answer
0 Votes