Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My blaze is rejecting bluetooth pairing with my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to pair my Blaze with my phone (Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3), I get an error that says 'pairing rejected by blaze'. Blaze is set to 'pair' under 'bluetooth classic'

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Astew19927 it sounds like your trying to pair the Blaze to the phone instead of setting it up through the Fitbit app.

The setup of the Blaze to your son's account must be done through the Fitbit app, there is no reason to go into the phones bluetooth menu.

Trying to do it through the phones Bluetooth is suppose to give the error "Blaze rejected pairing"

Please set it up the way you had setup your Ionic and do everything through your son's Fitbit app.

PS please go into your phones Bluetooth and tell your phone to forget the Blaze, maybe the command is remove, failure to do this will cause your notifications to still go to the Blaze

https://help.fitbit.com/?q=Setup

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

never mind, tenth time is the charm. I got it to work now.

Best Answer

How did you get it to work?

Best Answer
When I first set my blaze to pair, a "blaze" option appeared in the list of my phone's Bluetooth menu. But when I clicked it, I kept getting the message that blaze was rejecting the pair. Then I accidentally hit "scan" in my Bluetooth menu and a different "blaze (classic)" option came up. I was able to click that one and pair it with my phone.
Best Answer
Awesome! That worked for me too! Got it! Thanks.
Best Answer
The classic BT is only used foe music control and not needed to be paired to sync or use the connected GPS.
Best Answer

I tried that 12,000 times.  As well as restaarting my phone.  UGH!  I can't get it to work.  I charged it the last couple of hours and now customer service is closed.  So annoyed  

Best Answer

@Glowormia are you trying to setup your Blaze to your account? If so you need to do this through the app. The app then connects the Blaze to the phone.
Www.fitbit.com/setup

Best Answer

Blaze cannot find my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge). Says Blaze (Classic) connected as input device.

Best Answer

When the Blaze says cannot find the phone,  is thos after accepting the choose on both the phone and the Blaze? 

Best Answer
I have also tried that amouont of times from my S4 Galaxy and it has either Blaze not communcating or Blaze is rejecting pairing. Driving me bonkers. Anyway have a solution?
Best Answer

@craig_angela which BT are you trying to pair?

The BT classic, for music control, or are you trying to connect the tracker to your accont

Best Answer
the only one it is coming up with in my blue tooth is Blaze. Nothing else. I have read that some people are getting Blaze classic but I am not seeing that in my bluetooth options.
Best Answer
also I am trying to set it up to my fitbit account. Nothing to do with music Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
@craig_angela. I figured it out! Well, I figured out a work around at least. First, you need a fitbit dongle. You know, the kind that came with the fitbit flex. If you don't have one, they are $10 on ebay. Sign in to your account using your desktop/laptop and install your dongle. Go ahead and sync your Blaze to your computer. It will take awhile to update; so, be patient. Then open your app on your phone. Go to add your device like before and it should be there. At least mine was. Hope this helps!
Best Answer
Thanks for the advise @Aethos I will try that. Unfortunately I am away from my computer with the Dongle until Thursday so will try when I get home. Fingers crossed it works. Will update if it does but also happy to hear other solutions.
Best Answer

Hello Everyone! Thanks for the details that you've mentioned about the set up issue that you're getting. 

I would like to clarify that when you're setting up your tracker using the Fitbit app in your phone, you don't have to set it up using the phone's Bluetooth settings meaning that you have to go to the Fitbit app and follow this procedure.

In case you're using Windows 10 in your computer, currently, it's not possible to set up your tracker using the Bluetooth it has. Instead you will need to plug the Dongle or use the Fitbit app. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My Blaze won't stay paired to my iphone.  Several times a day I have to make my phone forget my Blaze and then restart both devices in order to receive text and phone alerts on the Blaze.  And even after I do that it only works for a couple of hours and then stops again.

Best Answer

Same.  It's a pain.  I have noticed that when my phone is paired with my car's bluetooth, my Blaze will not connect to bluetooth, no matter what I do.  And afterwards, when I get out of the car, I have to shut everything down and start up again to get it to pair.  This is a huge inconvenience since my phone automatically connects to my car when I get in.

@TLMDC wrote:

My Blaze won't stay paired to my iphone.  Several times a day I have to make my phone forget my Blaze and then restart both devices in order to receive text and phone alerts on the Blaze.  And even after I do that it only works for a couple of hours and then stops again.

Best Answer

@TLMDC A warm welcome to the Community! It's pretty weird that your notifications aren't staying set up. I would like you to make sure that you're not connecting any other Bluetooth device to your phone because that may be the reason why the notifications are unlinking. 

If you're not using any other device, then please follow this troubleshoot

@dawnierae Hey there! As mentioned in the above post, there's going to be interference if you're using two Bluetooth trackers. You can learn more about it by checking The Fitbit app for iOS is interfering with my other Bluetooth devices.

Let me know how it goes. Hope it helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer