Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My blaze is rejecting bluetooth pairing with my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to pair my Blaze with my phone (Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3), I get an error that says 'pairing rejected by blaze'. Blaze is set to 'pair' under 'bluetooth classic'

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

Sorry @KML85 I'm not sure what link your reffering to.

Is your Fitbit app setup on the unknown phone that your having trouble with? 

I gave links to the setup instructions above.

Your tracker is only able to sync or send notifications and sync through BTLE, bluetooth classic is only used for music control. 

You mention not seeing options but I'm not sure which options being asked about.

Best Answer

I upgraded my fitbit Blaze to Fitbit Ionic,   I gave my Blaze to my son,  he has a Samsung 9 phone.  The Blaze is rejecting the pairing,  why?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Could be the bluetooth on the S9 is a new version and isn't compatible. I'd check the Blazes version of bluetooth.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Astew19927 it sounds like your trying to pair the Blaze to the phone instead of setting it up through the Fitbit app.

The setup of the Blaze to your son's account must be done through the Fitbit app, there is no reason to go into the phones bluetooth menu.

Trying to do it through the phones Bluetooth is suppose to give the error "Blaze rejected pairing"

Please set it up the way you had setup your Ionic and do everything through your son's Fitbit app.

PS please go into your phones Bluetooth and tell your phone to forget the Blaze, maybe the command is remove, failure to do this will cause your notifications to still go to the Blaze

https://help.fitbit.com/?q=Setup

Best Answer
Thank you! Completed and it worked

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My blaze classic keeps telling me couldn't connect

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @blkhank what are you doing in the Blaze when you get the message that it can not connect? 

Best Answer
When I hit the blue tooth button on the phone.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

If your doing it from this screen, of course it will fail. This can not be done by the user. 

Is your Blaze all ready set up and syncing? If not then open the Fitbit app and do an add device. Screenshot_20190825-100354_Settings.jpg

Best Answer

@Rich_Laueso longest story short.  The Fitbit App actually does not connect the tracker to your phone but your account, correct?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The App sets up the tracker to your Fitbit account. After the Tracker has been setup to the Fitbit account.. The Fitbit app should then ask the user for permission to make the tracker a trusted Bluetooth device. Once the user gives Fitbit permission the Fitbit app will then attach the tracker to the phones Bluetooth. 

When changing phones, the user simply downloads the Fitbit app, logs into their Fitbit account, the app will ask for a lot of permissions, of which one of them is to connect the tracker to the Bluetooth. 

The only reason to open the phones Bluetooth is to remove the tracker from the list of trusted Bluetooth devices. This is a good step to do when the app is having problems syncing and needed when setting up the tracker for a second time. BTLE devices are usually not discoverable when they are currently trusted devices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to go into your permissions in order to allow the fitbit it access
your phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes