Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My blaze is rejecting bluetooth pairing with my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to pair my Blaze with my phone (Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3), I get an error that says 'pairing rejected by blaze'. Blaze is set to 'pair' under 'bluetooth classic'

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

I finally got my Blaze to pair with my Samsung Note 8, but when I get to the gym and excited to have my notifications and music control on my wrist.... Didn't work.  While at the gym I reset, restarted, paired twice and it NEVER worked.  I get home and the pairing is disconnected again even after I'm in my house on WiFi for 20 min.  Getting ready to send it back because it was too much money for a watch and heart rate monitor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm using a Galaxy S9 (plus), I'd much rather use the BLE (Blaze) signal for smart unlock as I don't have to have BT classic activate on my fitbit.

My S8 used the BLE without fault but the S9 simply says 'Bluetooth rejected by Blaze'.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As explained above @Wiltman you can not pair the tracker Bluetooth through the phones settings .You will get the rejected message every time. 

You must setup the tracker using the Fitbit app, then the app will pair the tracker. 

Best Answer

Now its paired but the watch stays in "connecting" mode.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ggnomind this being your first post in not sure what the history of the problem is. 

Are you trying rotset the tracker up or just a sync? 

What device is being used tgattyou see connecting on? 

Did you let the Fitbit app pair the tracker or did you paorpit through the phones BT? 

If you manually paired the tracker I would unpaid it .

Best Answer

I have owned and loved Fitbit for years. From my very first Fitbit Zip, One, Alta and Blaze. Until this last update. I have tried everything and it still wont work with my phone. I am so upset and aggravated . I have waited so much time trying to figure this out. And while writing this now my Blaze has gone black and nothing is happening. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Carmenh423 this thread is about people using their phones Bluetooth to pair their device. I don't think you got the message "rejected by Blaze"

Saying that you tried everything tells us nothing about what was tried. 

As for the Black screen, is the Blaze charged? And a restart was tired? 

Best Answer
Hi
It sounds like the problem I had. For me I did not know how quickly the
battery goes flat. When I did charge it it did not seem to know my Android
table was there.
I fiddled about with it for quite a while and then uninstalled the Fitbit
App then reinstalled it again. I recharged the battery to full charge then
churned both on.
It was a while ago.
I imagine I paired it through blue tooth but letting my tablet find it and
typing in whatever the code is. Sometimes it takes hours before it pairs so
I leave them both on over night.

I'm better at not letting the battery go flat but it still happens
occasionally. The over night thing seems to work.

Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I dont know what is going on. I just fully charge it and the screen is still black

Sent from my MetroPCS 4G LTE Android Device
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds odd. My thoughts are:
1 It is broken so see if it is still under warranty. Or
2 It has not charged for some reason. See if the screen works when it is in the charger. If necessary check the connections. It should at least show a picture of the battery when it is charging. Try tapping the screen while it is in the charger.

Hope it works.

Sent from my Huawei tablet
Best Answer
0 Votes
#2 worked. Thank you 😁

Sent from my MetroPCS 4G LTE Android Device
Best Answer

Same with my phone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pretty sure my Blaze is synced but I'm not receiving notifications at all. I've restarted my phone and the Blaze. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. I've unpaired and re-paired the Blaze to the app. Still no notifications

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went in to the settings on my blaze classic and under the bluetooth classic it and on but if you switch it to pair and then press scan on your phone you'll get a passcode on both your phone and blaze which you then press ok and both and you should be all set

Best Answer

Hello @wenedwr if your getting the pair reject message,you are trying to pair the Blaze through the phones BT. This should fail. May I ask what phone you have,. Have you checked the Blaze to make sure that the DND is not turned on?

Do you get notifications on your phone nes lock screen?

Let's look at fitbits fitp site. There are things to check in both the phone's and the Fitbit aop's settings

How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?
Receive call, text message, calendar, and other notifications on your Fitbit watch or tracker if you have a compatible phone.
My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone
Try these troubleshooting steps if you're not receiving notifications.

Yes @Reo247 that is the way the pair the blaze classic, but please remember that the classic is only used for controlling the music on the phone. Notifications go through the Blaze low energy.

Best Answer

@Rich_Lauemy phone is a Samsung Galaxy 8+. I was told there have been issues pairing with this phone. My watch finally just started getting notifications one day, so it works now. I don't know why it works now but didn't then, but it does.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a ton. . .... It worked. 

Best Answer

Thank you for posting your solution!!! For some unknown reason my "bluetooth classic" mode unpaired and stop using my phones GPS for my bike rides. Fitbit should add this to their instructions for new Blaze users.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi My phone also started to reject all attempts to install any GPS apps.
This was independent of the Fitbit issue. It turned out to be the micro SD
card I had installed ages had a problem. I took it out and retried it
worked. I then reformatted the card and reinstalled it. It all works now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The troubleshooting for receiving notifications doesn't work when Blaze (Classic) is the only way to sync to the phone. Ever since my Blaze totally died and I charged it fully (maybe a little too long) it took over a dozen times to finally get it to sync and it will only sync to the classic. I do not receive any notifications on my Blaze from my phone. There isn't an option in the settings on the app either. So the link you had attached does not work. How can I get notifications on my Fitbit again?

Best Answer
0 Votes