Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My blaze is rejecting bluetooth pairing with my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to pair my Blaze with my phone (Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3), I get an error that says 'pairing rejected by blaze'. Blaze is set to 'pair' under 'bluetooth classic'

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231
@SylviaFitbit, thanks for jumping in here. I don't think it's acceptable to recommend that only one device be connected by Bluetooth to the phone. Many of us have Bluetooth headsets and we expect to be able to connect both the Blaze and our Bluetooth headsets to our phones. And still have full Blaze functionality - notifications, music control, etc.

I think you should tell your testers to start looking closely at having two devices connected by Bluetooth to the phone, and they should see that the blaze has very inconsistent behavior under that scenario.
Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit wrote:

@TLMDC A warm welcome to the Community! It's pretty weird that your notifications aren't staying set up. I would like you to make sure that you're not connecting any other Bluetooth device to your phone because that may be the reason why the notifications are unlinking. 

If you're not using any other device, then please follow this troubleshoot

@dawnierae Hey there! As mentioned in the above post, there's going to be interference if you're using two Bluetooth trackers. You can learn more about it by checking The Fitbit app for iOS is interfering with my other Bluetooth devices.

Let me know how it goes. Hope it helps. 

Yes, I'm aware of that, but a) I think it is a design flaw and b) that doesn't explain why I have to "re-boot" everything after being in my car to get the bluetooth working again.  Just to do a test, though, I don't think the latter issue is related to my car, as I completely removed my car's bluetooth from my phone, and I still have the problem with the bluetooth classic pairing with my phone.  It automatically connects to Blaze and won't forget it, no matter how many times I select "forget this device".  The pairing for music control is a complete failure in my opinion, because it takes an unnecessarily long process to make it work.  If I want to control music with my Fitbit, I have to start about 10 minutes before I actually leave to go on a walk so I can shut everything down, restart it, get the pairing to work, etc.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The "this procedure" link is not working.  This seems to be an ongoing problem on these forums. The links are nonfunctional.  I am also having problems with the Blaze disconnecting from the iphone BT and not synching.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gaijingeisha I'm not sure what this procedure link refers to, what is the procedure you want to do.

As for disconnecting is it the BTLE or the BT Claaaic

Best Answer

I was referring to the post from Mar 14 by Sylvia Fitbit where she provided a link to a procedure for setting up the BT from the app.  The link is non-functional as is my Fitbit blaze.  Continues to drop off my phone BT connection I suspect because I am also listening to my BT headphones when I am walking. Further I can not get the Blaze to synch with my Mac computer Fitbit Dashboard either. Very frustrating for a new and expensive fitness tracker to have such connectivity issues.  Why would your engineers not assume people would be using multiple BT devices at one time when exercising or just walking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK let me scroll to the bottom of this page, tap help, then tunnel down setup the Blaze.

The Mac computer will need a Fitbit Dongle, but syncing through the phone will be fine.

The headphones should not be interfering with the Blaze BT connection, I assume your referring to the connected GPS, since it's unlikely you are trying to Sync while on a walk.

Best Answer
I have a dongle from my Fitbit Charge HR plugged in to my iMac. That isn't helping me synch or connect. I am not trying to use GpS. I am just listening to my BT headset while walking.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So what are you asking?

Do you have a Fitbit BT dongle that came with a different Fitbit tracker?

Are you trying to Sync through the Mac or the phone? 

Is listening to BT music on the phone while walking causing a problem?

Is your Blaze setup to receive notifications from the phone? If so you probably will have to turn the BT off on the phone before the Mac will be able to connect and Sync.

Doesn't the Blaze Sync through the Phone?

Best Answer

As I said in my previous posting above, the dongle for my Charge HR is plugged into my Mac because I still use my Charge HR.  Last night from some inexplicable reason, while I was out on my walk wearing my Charge (because I could not get the Blaze to sync with my iPhone), the Blaze suddenly synched with the Dashboard on my computer at 2335 hours.  Yes as I mentioned previously in my posts, I am using a BT Sony earphones when I am out walking while wearing my Fitbit charge or Blaze. If I have to turn off the BT on the phone then I cannot use my earphones.  No the Blaze is not synching through the phone.  I get it connected to the iPhone and then it repeatedly loses the connection.  And from reading other postings on this forum I am not the only one experienceing these issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Blaze probably synced through the Mac because you had the phone with you, therefor the Blaze is now disconnected from the phone and can connect to the Mac

What I was trying to say is if you want to sync through the Mac you will need to disconnect the Blaze BtLE from the phone, this can be done by moving the phone far enough away, turning notifacations off in the phones Fitbit App, or temporarily unavailable turning the BT off while you are sync my through the iPad.

It really does not matter how you Sync, a Sync through the phone, iPad, Mac, or PC the sync will take the data from the tracker and hand it to the Fitbit server.  Your app or dashboard will then go to this server to get the data..

Personally I just Sync through the phone and use the web browser on the computer to view the data. 

Best Answer
I am currently at a conference that has 3500 people in attendance. The blaze will not connect but will when I get back in my hotel room. I've been having multiple issues since day one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same type of issue.  I've had my Blaze for almost a week now, and I haven't been able to get notification on it at all.  I tried ignoring the "Blaze" device so that I could connect to the "Blaze Classic," but now it won't even let me ignore that device on my phone and everytime I try to pair my phone to my fitbit it says it's unsuccessful and I need to make sure my fitbit it turned on and near the phone when they aren't even an inch away from one another.  I'm seriously thinking of sending it back unless I can find some resolution.  I'm currently feeling like I paid for features that I can't even use.

Best Answer

Hi,

I am having similar problems and am very frustrated.  Not a happy customer.  I had a Flex and all worked well with my BlackBerry Z30.  I then upgraded to a Blaze and now it doesn't connect with my phone or my computer.  When I do get it to pair with my phone it only lasts for a few hours then stops.  I have to power down my phone and then power up to get it to recognize once then it stops updating.  For some reason it was connecting with my computer yesterday and now not today.  Can't understand....

Best Answer
0 Votes
So clearly there is a problem. Is customer service going to address these issues
Best Answer

Thank you!  Same issue here as others - Phone said it was paired with Blaze, but I wasn't receiving any notifications (app did sync).  I tried pairing from phone and it kept getting rejected.  I had to go in, turn ON bluetooth on Blaze (again, because it kept switching off) and then scan a couple times and Blaze (classic) showed up.  As soon as I selected that and said "yes" to the code, Bluetooth on the Blaze shows ON instead of PAIR or OFF.  Then I had to go into the App, choose my Blaze, and turn on the notifications (they were all (deault?) set to off.

Best Answer
I have a huawei p8 lite and when I go to pair with blaze in Bluetooth on phone I also get the message 'blaze reject pairing' ....why? I need this to work si I can use the run option in the tracker. Help.
Best Answer

@terena are you trying to pair your Blaze so you can sync your data?

If so then this must be done through the app, by adding a new device.

Once the Blaze is added to your account the app will then pair the Blaze to the phone. This can not be done through the phone's bluetooth screen, you will get the reject message every time and is normal.

Go to your device list, press the add tracker and follow the prompts.

Now of the Blaze is already connected to your account then the app will automatically pair the two units when logging into your Fitbit account.

Best Answer

Thank you! Fitbit should pay you because you are the only one who knows how to answer this! i followed your lead and finally on the yes and  "blutooth classic on".

i had turned on notifications in the app earlier, but my pair also kept shutting off.

i did ask customer service for help and their answer was to "turn the device off and restart

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I solved the connection problem with Blaze and iPhone when I made sure I was not logged on to Fitbit on my PC or any other device, i.e., iPad,
It seems it only connects to one device at a time! They should tell us this from the start!
Best Answer

Look here  http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Why-is-my-tracker-only-syncing-with-one-iOS-devic...

And in your manual  https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_blaze_en_US.pdf

Since this limitation is built into the Bluetooth, there is nothing Fitbit can do about it.

Just like your BT speaker, the Blaze can only talk to one device at a time.

Best Answer