Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My blaze is rejecting bluetooth pairing with my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to pair my Blaze with my phone (Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3), I get an error that says 'pairing rejected by blaze'. Blaze is set to 'pair' under 'bluetooth classic'

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231
I'm having all the same problems. No matter what I do, my Blaze will not stay connected to my phone. I will get it to work for an hour at most. Today, there was a software update for the Blaze and I was hopeful because everything worked perfectly afterward.
Sigh....
Within an hour...no notifications, won't stay paired even though.I have my settings as Always Connected and All Day Sync. It shows my Blaze Classic as an input device but the Blaze rejects pairing.
So frustrated!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes the Blaze Classic is the input device for music control.

The Blaze can not be paired from your phone's BT screen you will get the message of reflection.

If your Blaze is still connected to your Fitbit account, open the Fitbit app up, make sure your logged into the correct account. You should see the Blaze on the dashboard, the app wool now pair your tracker and sync.

If it isn't syncing, we will them have to look for why.  

Personally since I never look, and know that it is useless to, I would not know if it always shows being paired. With KitKat I never saw the Charge and Surge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good stuff, that worked. 

Keep it moving, one step at a time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with the Blaze.  I feel like this is much too expensive to have these problems.  I have both a Surge and a One that pair just fine.

Best Answer
Mine works now. See if there is an update...
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Seing43, when you say the same thing, your referring to the Blaze, and not the Blaze Classic is rejecting.
When you try and connect the Blaze through the App, not the phones Bluetooth which will always give the message of rejected by Blaze, does the app see the Blaze and does the pairing code appear on the Blaze?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is an iPhone and I have pairing issues
Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze with not stay connected either I connect and then I check its disconnected?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some iphone users have had issues if they are paired with their ipad. Not sure if that is the case, but it's worth mentioning that as far as I am aware the blaze can only be paired to one device

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Paulthomas1984 and @Cheri1957, @fudge22 is correct, a Bluetooth receiver such as what is found in your Blaze is only able to connect to one device at a time. You might be out and connected to the Phone, then come home. At some point the Blaze might get connected to the iPad, and it will be disconnected from the phone.

Now as long as the Blaze is not connected to a second device, forcing a Sync on the phone should automatically pair the Blaze up to the phone.

Best Answer
Go into settings shut the device down on the blaze then turn it back on them mine worked ps make sure Bluetooth is set to pair also in settings
Best Answer
0 Votes
No 😕with computer Dell

--
Cheri
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cheri1957 not enough info, does the computer say the connection was rejected?

Which operating system is running on the Dell, and are you using the connect software or the win10 app. 

Are you trying to connect the Blaze to your Fitbit account, or just trying to get it to Sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did everything like I did with my HR nothing worked but the next day I got up and I'm getting text messages on it now that's enough for me

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just perchasd a Blaze and I am having the Bluetooth connection issues.  Reading the method to solve this problem I am very dissapointed to see I also have to buy a dongle at the price of £16.99 to solve a problem which looks to be inherent to the device and acknowledged by the manufacturer.  Why has the product been released with this issue and why should the consumer be made to pay extra for the short falls of a device which is clearly needing an immediate firmware update.  I'm considering returning my device for a full refund.  This is my first fitbit device and I'm extremely dissapointed.  Zero stars out of five.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Huawei P8 lite also and I'm have the same problem.  Have you managed to resolve the problem?  I'm really struggling to find a solution.  Hope you can help.

Jim

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally did for text messages and I can control music from wrist. I
started all over and re paired it didn't work till the next morning when I
synced it

--
Cheri
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cheri1957 when you change a setting in the app, your doing that and setting a flag on the server. The Blaze will have no idea of this until the setting changes are transferred during a Sync.  All changes in settings require a Sync.

Best Answer

@Cheri1957 I noticed that you mention both a computer and phone, I don't see what type of phone yet. In any case if you continue to have sync problems, please move away from the computer, or disable its sync. 

Also note that with a successful sync on the computer it will disconnect the Blaze from the phone. A bluetooth device is only able to connect to one Bluetooth server at a time. Phone or computer, connected to one will disconect it from the other.

When a sync occurs on the phone, the app will pair the Blaze up again, there is no need to worry about it being disconnected on the phone. Turning on allways connected on the phone can help, but may cause more  problems on the pc.

I suggest only stunning through one device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update, and posted on 'setup' forum...

When first had my Blaze I followed the setup instructions and connected my Blaze to my phone via the app, it then said it needed an update (via the app), and this is where the problems started.  The Blaze looked like it was updating but the BT connection would time out and the update would fail.  I re-installed the app and this didn't work.  I removed the Blaze from 'devices' in the app and re-attached it but this didn't work. With the Blaze connected via the USB and using the windows app on my laptop I still couldn't connect (why the Blaze won't update via the USB cable is a mystery which Fitbit only know).

After some digging around in the forums I found a thread which said I should use a Fitbit dongle and use the windows download.  The Blaze doesn't come with a dongle but I found a friend who had one and I could borrow it.  Ensuring my phone wasn't connected to the Blaze (BT off) I used my laptop via the Fitbit dongle to connect to the Blaze and update the firmware.  This time the update worked and I can now get the Blaze to work.

To be honest, why the Blaze won't update via the USB cable is a joke and because the Blaze doesn't come with a dongle I don't know.  Fitbit will sell you one, but this should be against the point.  The unit should work out of the box.  I nearly sent mine back for a full refund.  Let's hope this works from now on.  I don't think I'll be buying another Fitbit in the future, and I won't recommend it.

For information my phone is a Huawei P8 lite running Android 5.0.1, my laptop is a samsung running windows 7.

I'm expecting to have problems with notifications and music control from my phone....  Only time will tell

Best Answer
0 Votes