Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My blaze is rejecting bluetooth pairing with my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to pair my Blaze with my phone (Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3), I get an error that says 'pairing rejected by blaze'. Blaze is set to 'pair' under 'bluetooth classic'

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

@Rich_Laue Thanks for all the great advice you've given. 

@mdeveau Welcome to the Community! As @Peer mentioned, this is a different procedure than syncing your Fitbit Blaze. So, in order to have everything properly set follow this procedure to have music control working properly. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

This isnt working, when I attempt to pair through the app, I just get a "Not working?" screen then a Bluetooth Issues error, which ask me to either canel or restart bluetooth which, in turn give me the "Not working?" screen again.

Kinda aggrevating because 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using the fitbit app to replace the device worked for me as well.  I tried everything to get the blaze to sync but going through app to add a device then choosing to replace the blaze again, I was finally able to get the app the recognize the blaze, it sent out a code and went into an update.

Fitbit seems to be very responsive to answering and responding to issues but any product should NOT be this difficult to setup.  It should be plug and play.  Very frustrating and I haven't even used it yet!  It also seems like a very poor design that just plugging in the fitbit to the dongle doesn't initiate a charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to have you here @Alkentric! I would like you to make sure that you have the latest version of the app which is 2.39, it was just released on Thursday. If you do but your Blaze is still not syncing then please try this procedure

@AlFB-Blaze Thanks for sharing what worked for you. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Are you receiving notifications when you are connected to your phone with Bluetooth(Classic) mode?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes,as long as there are no other bluetooth devices near.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. I used the app to enable notifications. Also be sure to enable them
on the phone as well. Swipe down from the clock screen.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, when Blaze is connected in the Classic mode, it won't show the notifications. To enable the notification, you have to go back to the device settings in the mobile app and enable the notifications. 

Once the notifications are enabled, I see my blaze is no longer connected to my mobile phone in Bluetooth-classic(visibility) mode. But, the blaze is paired in Bluetooth mode.

Did you observe this behavior with your blaze and mobile phone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

this did not help. I truned my phone on and off, hit scan over and over and still not pairing 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why @kiwash50 are you hitting scan, you can not pair your tracker to the phone. You connect the tracker to your account through the Fitbit app. Now that the tracker is connected to your fitbit account, the app will do the pairing. 

Just make sure your tracker is not a connected device in your BT settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can you delete the Fitbit app on your mobile device and reinstall it again?

Regards
Vamsi
Best Answer
0 Votes

I I cannot pair through Bluetooth, my blaze to my s7 edge?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having issues with my devices as well.  I am not able to pair or setup my new blaze.  I already had a fitbit account so not sure as to why this is difficult.  Resolition would be appreciated otherwise i will be returning to the store. 

p.s. also tried to pair with my laptop.  that too was not allowing me to do anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is correct @Blaze91 you can not pair the device through the BT Settings, and this won't helo, you need to connect the Blaze to your Fitbit account through the fitbit app.. Once connected to your account the fitbit app will pair the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to go to my settings to turn on the blaze Bluetooth and then it
worked hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried your suggestion before your response.  Nothing worked.  I returned the product.  Thank you for assistance.  because I already had the fit bit hr. I Assumed that the device would work which was a bad choice on my part 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope, I have a fit bit account. I used the charge hr before purchasing the blaze.  Nothing i did paired or setup my new blaze. No difficulties with the charge hr so I assumed it would be no issues with the blaze.  So the product is returned.  Thank you anyway.  

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

You opened the Fitbit app and used the 'Setup a Device' option on the 'Account' page?

What happened? (Your posts are quite vague so it's difficult to understand what you actually tried)

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to your fitbit settings and turn on your Bluetooth. Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
does not help. I have tried that many, many times. thank you but I returned the product. I went back to my charge hr,less difficulty.
Best Answer
0 Votes