Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My blaze is rejecting bluetooth pairing with my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to pair my Blaze with my phone (Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3), I get an error that says 'pairing rejected by blaze'. Blaze is set to 'pair' under 'bluetooth classic'

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

Again, as you never told anyone what actually happened when you tried anything it's not really surprising that nothing helped. This is a two way process that needs information to be provided in order to spark ideas and suggestions.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@catinmylap what @MikeF is saying is that we would like to help. 

Your answers of nope don't work and I've tried everything tell us nothing. We have no idea what everything included or know at what point it fails. 

There are several at is to do to setup a tracker. 

- Start up the Fitbit App

- Go to Accounts screen

- Press add tracker

- App should find tracker

- App should send a 4 digit code to the tracker

- App should display 4 boxes to type the code in

- App should then pair the tracker to the phone

- App might ask to update tracker

- You press button to start the update process

- 5-15 minutes later the tracker a oils be updated

- You should now be setup

What we need to know is at what step does the process fail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the EXACT Same problem with mine this past week! It has worked fine up till two days ago! Getting really frustrated with it as well!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got my blaze this weekend and since then I have tried like 30 times to connect my "one plus one" phone to fitbit blaze-- no luck yet. I have tried everything from resetting the phone, blaze, forgetting the device( bluetooth), uninstalling the app, re- installing it and other steps suggested by the community. Very sadly none of it has worked. Pretty pathetic that fitbit doesn't have a solid solution to the issue-- just keeps pointing us to generic workarounds. I am this close to returning my fitbit. With so many people having this issue, fitbit should have taken this as a priority fix and released a solution or short term fix. No customer empathy!!
Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @KS12 and @Sadiesmom15! If you're having syncing issues please try this procedure to get your tracker working with your Dashboard. 

@KS12 Thanks for the troubleshoot that you've done. It seems that you're using a mobile device that's not currently supported. You may want to check the list of devices. You can always use your computer to sync your tracker and your app to log activities or food. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was doing the same thing. I went in to the Fitbit account on my phone, clicked on the settings icon,and selected Auto Location and it synched immediately. 

Best Answer

I have ZChecked on the devices and my device is part of your list. Please don't suggest any generic step. So many of them in this forum are having an issue...obviously it is an issue at your end.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank You!

By enabling auto location, it only paired blutetooth classic which I think is for music. The regular blutetooth didn't pair.. kept rejecting. Tried restarting the system.. did not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KS12 how are you trying to attach the trscker to your Fitbit account?

The user is unable to pair the Bluetooth Low Energy woth the phone through its phones bluetooth settingd page. If a user tries to do so, they will receive the message, Rejected by Blaze"

Is your yracker setup?

If so then all you need to do is open the app, log into yoir account. The app will do its thing and sunc your tracker, pairing the two devices at this time.

If you where able to pair the tracker to the phone, and you won't able to, this would not be enough to set the tracker up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome @OregonWalker, what did not work. What are you trying to do, and at what step does it fail?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ended up calling Customer Service. I had to uninstall the Blaze device and reinstall it to get it to pair with the Bluetooth.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Thanks it worked.  Four things acutally got it to work for me. 

1. One is to make sure "Bluetooth Classic" is set to pair in the settings of your watch.
  2. Restart your watch by shutting it down under the settings.
  3. On your phone, delete the "Blaze" from the "Paired Devices."  Then connect to the "Blaze(Classic)" one. (You may need to refresh the list devices around you a couple of times to see it.)
  4. After you select it on your phone, a "Pair" code will showed up on your watch.  If it is the same number, choosed Pair on your watch to connected your watch to the phone.  (this process did not happen when I connected my watch to phone before.  I guess this is new with the upgrade of firmware to my watch and the upgrade to the fitbit app.)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  That worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you and that worked. Here is what I did:

Uninstalled the app.

Shut down the phone.

Reinstalled fitbit app

Set bluetooth classic(in blaze) to "ON"

Synced using the fitbit app from the phone-- not the standard blue tooth settings.

Hopefully it works for others too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to settings on your Blaze screen and make sure you have clicked on 'pair'

if you then scan on your devices Bluetooth, the blaze will appear.

sometimes it will give you a code to confirm if it hasn't been paired before (accept the code on your blaze screen and on the devices screen)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cannot get mine to work

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chabek1 what is it you are trying to do? Is yoir tracker setup and attached to your account? 

@Caramammal instructions are for Pairing the tracker so that you can remotely control music and has no bearing on syncing the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
i got my fitbit blaze to work by downloading an extra app calledfit
notifications
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is working now. Deleted the app and downloaded again. Works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes