Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My blaze is rejecting bluetooth pairing with my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to pair my Blaze with my phone (Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3), I get an error that says 'pairing rejected by blaze'. Blaze is set to 'pair' under 'bluetooth classic'

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231
awesome!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! It was making me crazy not being able to pair to my new phone - Galaxy s8 plus. Hitting scan brought up Blaze classic and it worked!! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is the method that finally worked for me. I lost some tracking data but I am back on line.
Best Answer

My blaze is rejecting bluetooth pairing with my phone, it worked wonderfully on my Samsung Galaxy S7, but now that I've upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S8, It can't get it to pair, or to work via the Fitbit App. I've noticed that my new phone isn't listed on the compatability page either.

What can I do to make this work? It's a great watch, and I don't want to have to switch it out....

Thank you!

T~

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @Thunderkat! Currently, Samsung Galaxy S8 isn't listed as supported. This may be the reason why it's not syncing with your Blaze. However, Fitbit is always trying to add new devices to the list. 

Hope this helps! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung Galaxy S8 is on the supported device list (I checked several times from various devices just to make sure), yet no matter what I do I am not getting my notifications. It was working fine on my previous phone. I have only had this phone a few days with no luck in regards to the Fitbit Blaze.

Also what does it mean "connected as input device" for my blaze?

I am getting 2 options when I scan....

Blaze(classic)

Blaze

Blaze(classic) pairs, but with the message "connected as input device" . 

Blaze does not pair and gives me an error saying "pairing rejected by Blaze"

Please help me!

By the way, my tracker is working fine. It is the notifications that is not working.

Best Answer

The Blaze classic is strickly used for music control, so yes it is connected as an input device to control the music.

As for your tejected message, why are you trying to pair the tracker through the phones Bluetooth?

Is your tracker attached to your Fitbit account?

Best Answer

I do not care about controlling music. So if I am not going to be concerned with music is there point to pairing the Blaze Classic?

Yes my tracker is attached to my Fitbit account.

I thought my Blaze had to be paired with the phones bluetooth in order to get push notifications and for the tracker to be synced with the Fitbit mobile app.

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @Macnme! There's no need to pair your Blaze to the phone's Bluetooth, if you're not going to use music control. Also, you can learn more about How do Fitbit trackers sync their data? by checking the post above. 

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After you did this were you able to receive notifications from your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is paired with my blaze and after a few days of just letting it be, I started receiving notifications.

Best Answer

I no longer receive text or calls on my blaze after getting a new Galaxy S8+  I have followed everyone's advice and still I do not get texts or calls anymore.  This worked fine with my previous Galaxy.  I have done the following

un-installed and re-installed the app

Removed my blaze and re-added it

The Blaze is syncing fine with the fitbit app its just the text and notifications that no longer work

Any ideas????

Best Answer
0 Votes
How long have you had your new phone?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Only 2 days.  I'm hoping one day it will just start working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Give it a few more days. My phone provider told me it takes a few days for the phone to have steady signal from the towers and such. Mine started working a few days later. Now I am getting all my notifications.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Lo and behold.... just started working!!

Best Answer

Thanks, it helped me SOLVE "PAIRING REJECTED BY BLAZE" issue. (READ IT PREFERABLY IF YOU WANT TO USE SMART UNLOCK ON YOUR GALAXY):

I couldn't see the "Blaze (classic)" at first when scanning for bluetooth devices, despite the fact that I made sure it is active in my Blaze settings. and sometimes when it showed up it was rejecting the pairing.

After couple of times trying I just manually switched off the bluetooth and then on. scan showed my "Blaze (classic)" this time and I managed to pair it!

The REASON TO DO THIS:

Just for the record I have a Galaxy S8 and had NO problem syncing the tracker with my App, as the app starts and pairs with bluetooth by itself. So why I needed CLASSIC pair?

Because S8 has a smart unlock screen option which unlocks your phone if it is at the proximity of your paired devices. No further pin, pattern, fingerprint,... needed. This option has to be through Classic pair.

So briefly (Solution for "PAIRING REJECTED BY BLAZE"):

1. On your tracker go to , Settings, turn on Bluetooth Classic

2. On your phone open Bluetooth settings

3. Turn Off phone Bluetooth, then turn it On.

4. Scan devices

5. wait until Blaze (classic) shows up and tap on it to connect

6. accept the pairing request on your tracker and the phone

It was also surprising that Fitbit Rep had no knowledge about how to pair it with a phone! And kept telling me this is only for music stuff and no need for that! I gave up after repeating my question 3 times!

Thank you again for the great hint!

Best Answer

Why is this marked as an Accepted Solution?  It is a statement of the problem.

Best Answer

Why is this marked as an Accepted Solution? It is a statement of the problem.

Best Answer

Are you having problems? What kind of phone do you have? How long have you had your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes