Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My blaze is rejecting bluetooth pairing with my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to pair my Blaze with my phone (Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3), I get an error that says 'pairing rejected by blaze'. Blaze is set to 'pair' under 'bluetooth classic'

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

Statement of Facts

1) My Blaze is connected to my Fitbit account

2) My Fitbit Blaze sends information to the Fitbit App on my Galaxy S5

3) When I look a connected bluetooth devices on my phone, Blaze is not listed.  Given # 2 above, how can this be??

Statement of the Problem

1) When trying to use the Connected GPS function, I get two different error messages:

Error message #1 Can not find your phone

Error message #2 Check Fitbit App

2) When I scan for bluetooth devices using my phone I get one of two responses:

Response #1 Nothing is found. This can be corrected by turning off the Fitbit, when I turn Fitbit back       on it will show up in the Bluetooth scan by my phone.

Response #2 Blaze is listed in devices available for pairing.

3) When I try to pair I receive the error message "pairing rejected by Blaze"

Things that I have done in a futile effort to fix the problem:

1) reboot Blaze multiple

2) reboot phone

3) tried all the various combinations who get rebooted first and allowed to completely boot before rebooting the second.

4) cleared cache on the phone.

5) Since there is no method to do a factory reset or clear the cache on the Fitbit Blaze, I could not explore this option.

Restatement of the problem

I can not get the Connected GPS feature to work.

I believe this may be related to the curiosity of the fact that Fitbit sends data to the Fitbit App on my android phone, but does not appear in the listed Bluetooth paired devices.

If you can add a simple and complete step by step description of how to connect Fitbit Blaze to an Android phone, it would be appreciated by many, I am sure.

Best Answer

Hello I had same problem. Did allsorts of things including trying to add new device. Never solved it on my Android phone but Installation fitbit program on another Android device and set up as a new device. It worked. I guess my Android phone has learned to Forget the device.  

Not sure of how useful the Fitbit is when it forgets the time if I don't charge it. Then is such a pain the reset it.  Just bought a 5 dollar pedometer which does not forget the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great response and goo

@Kalantar wrote:

Thanks, it helped me SOLVE "PAIRING REJECTED BY BLAZE" issue. (READ IT PREFERABLY IF YOU WANT TO USE SMART UNLOCK ON YOUR GALAXY):

I couldn't see the "Blaze (classic)" at first when scanning for bluetooth devices, despite the fact that I made sure it is active in my Blaze settings. and sometimes when it showed up it was rejecting the pairing.

After couple of times trying I just manually switched off the bluetooth and then on. scan showed my "Blaze (classic)" this time and I managed to pair it!

The REASON TO DO THIS:

Just for the record I have a Galaxy S8 and had NO problem syncing the tracker with my App, as the app starts and pairs with bluetooth by itself. So why I needed CLASSIC pair?

Because S8 has a smart unlock screen option which unlocks your phone if it is at the proximity of your paired devices. No further pin, pattern, fingerprint,... needed. This option has to be through Classic pair.

So briefly (Solution for "PAIRING REJECTED BY BLAZE"):

1. On your tracker go to , Settings, turn on Bluetooth Classic

2. On your phone open Bluetooth settings

3. Turn Off phone Bluetooth, then turn it On.

4. Scan devices

5. wait until Blaze (classic) shows up and tap on it to connect

6. accept the pairing request on your tracker and the phone

It was also surprising that Fitbit Rep had no knowledge about how to pair it with a phone! And kept telling me this is only for music stuff and no need for that! I gave up after repeating my question 3 times!

Thank you again for the great hint!

Thank you for answering a couple of key questions. And my experience with Fitbit support was similarly frustrating. I hope the moderator sends this to the Help Desk supervisor to update their useless script and improve the training of the call center staff, the very people who are the public interface of the company.

Best Answer

@Forgot99, pull the battery out of your $5 pedometer for 24 hours, out it back in and let us know if the time is correct.

At least with the Fitbit and many other watches, if there is not enough power to keep the clock counting, the time will be off.  Its the same as if i forgot to wind my old watch this morning.

Best Answer
My Fitbit never loses time even if it dies. It is connected to my phone and mobile app 

Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok... thought I'd post. My husband was helping me solve this. My Galaxy Note 4 would not pair for over four hours of turning off/on bluetooth, Blaze (shutdown, restart w/ buttons, etc.), connecting with bluetooth classic, etc. 

NOTHING worked. Finally here was the recipe: 

1. If the Fitbit App is installed, go to Manage Application in settings and clear the data and the cache. 
  2. Remove any protective cases on your phone
  3. Turn the bluetooth option on the phone to Classic (Pair)
  4. Find and connect Blaze (classic) in your bluetooth phone settings

These FINALLY worked for us. We also toggled off the location settings and let the App ask us to turn it back on (not sure if that helped). Good luck. ~Nancy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Nancy I'll try it this weekend. I let my fit bit battery to run down and same problem again. It would not sync to the second Android tablet.
After the previous experience similar to you I chucked in a draw and closed the draw. Have not looked at it since.

Thanks again. I'd like to get it working and now know not to let the battery die.

Sent from my Huawei tablet
Best Answer
0 Votes

Once you install the fitbit app and then turn on notifications on your blaze, you have higher chances of pairing and syncing-- but the issue I see with my galaxy s8 is consistency. It didn't sync for 2 days and I gave up-- then all of a sudden I started receiving notifications(email,call).... then it vanished again. It now comes as it wishes. Sucks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello
I think you are on to something. It seems that if the battery goes flat. It won't sync till some pre programmed period can be days. Have not yet got the patients to get it out of the draw.
Need to forget I'm trying the teach a watch to tell the time! When I see it as a game. I'll have a go.

Sent from my Huawei tablet
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Macnme, I'm not sure what Fitbit tracker you have, but the Blaze will loose time if it is turned off.

Most of tyr traxkers stay running for an hour or two wven after thr dusplay will no longer light up, your tracker might bot have really died.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue I have the Blaze and it NEVER loses time. Maybe I am just lucky so far, but losing time has never been an issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I don't know why mine lost the time. I let the battery run out a couple of times.
Best to avoid the problem by charging it often, and have a back up watch if it is important.

On one occasion. It lost the time and started from the time I started to recharge it. After that it was a pain. The instructions don't seem to cover this and you can waste a lot of time going round in circles trying to.get it to sync.

Recently it kept the wrong time after giving the message All caught up.

Not sure how you are supposed to fix it. Deleting the FitBit app from my device then reinstalling it and sending a test message seemed to work.

I resent that it seems so difficult to get a watch to tell the time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The "All Caught Up", has to do with notifacations,  and has nothing to do with a sync.

Yes when the battery has lost power, it will be able to keep the clock running.

The user would w as nt to charge the battery,  then sync the tracker to set the time, before putting the tracker back on.

Best Answer
Hello
Not sure why my one a Blaise lost the time if it was not because the battery went flat. When it looses the date and time it is a pain getting it back.
I could not find anything in the instructions. Deleting and reinstalling the App.worked for me, but I expect there is a better way.
Being able to see the time is more important to me than all the fitness stuff.
Jeff
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I m done. Looking for recommendations on a device that actually works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the community @SunsetRunner if your receiving a rejected by Blaze message, it simply means that you're not using the Fitbit app to set it up. You can not use the phones bluetooth settings. 

If you would like to give more detail on the problem, im sure we will be able to help.

Best Answer

None of these "solutions" worked for me, and the Blaze Classic isn't even coming up as an option for syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wardlee what are you trying to do?

Are you using a phone or computer.

Blaze Classic is strickly used for controlling music on an Android device.

All syncing goes through the Bluetooth Low Energy.

The user can not setup a tracker through the phones bluetooth menu, the setup process must be done throgh the Fitbit app.

Before a tracker can sync it must be setup, the app then will pair the tracker to the phone if it needs too.

Now if the tracker was setup through an iOS device, bluetooth classic is not needed and gets disabled.

I'll ask again, what is it, and through what device, that you want to accomplish? 

Best Answer

I am trying to use my phone, and for music. My Blaze won't sync at all, and there's not even the option for Blaze Classic for the music sync -- it's just not being found even though I'm making everything visible and scanning for it. It used to work on my Galaxy S6 and these problems started when I got the S8 over the weekend. I tried setting it up via the Fitbit App, and I'm following multiple forums on this issue because nothing is working with my notifications, either.

Best Answer

Oh i see now @Wardlee

Your trying to get Bluetooth classic connected to a Galaxy S8, ive read all types of problems with this phone, music control was not one of them.

On the Blaze you want Bluetooth Ckassic set to pair, i assume you have done this. The bluetooth scanner on thd phone should then find the Blaze Classic. Im not sure why you would have received the "rejected" message.

Your saying the phone can not see the classic? 

Try a restart of the Blaze and the phone, maybe a complete shutdown will be needed. 

When it comes to music, there is no syncing, the blaze is being used as a controller, and also great for triggering photos.

Best Answer