Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My blaze is rejecting bluetooth pairing with my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to pair my Blaze with my phone (Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3), I get an error that says 'pairing rejected by blaze'. Blaze is set to 'pair' under 'bluetooth classic'

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

Yep, you got it.

I've tried restarting both the app, my phone, and the Blaze itself. I also unpaired everything  and then started from the beginning. None of the 10 times have worked. I uninstalled the app in hopes of this working, to no avail.

Best Answer
My first success was the install the Fitbit app on another android device.
When it fell over again I deleted the app and reinstalled it on the second device. What seemed to make a difference was to go into the Fitbit app and change a setting I changed the screen display. No idea why but it has been working since

I must have paired it. I try to make sure the battery does not die completely

Sent from my Huawei tablet
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've done @Wardlee! Are you still experiencing this issue? Does this started happening when you update the app? Are you having any error? Did you tried this syncing troubleshoot

Thanks for sharing the troubleshoot that worked for you @Forgot99! I'm sure this can help others in the Community. 🙂 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked perfect for mine too mate. Thanks for that fix. On the other hand i can safely say Fitbit support is a bucket of **ahem**e. 2 hours on to them and in the end offered me a refund saying my device isnt compatible albeit the app from them says all my devices are compatibibe. They are a disgrace. Well done for that fix.

Best Answer

Thanks. Perfect you gave the solution. Now every is working fine..........

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a slightly different problem. My Galaxy Note 3 stopped syncing to my Galaxy Blaze about a week ago. I turned my Bluetooth on my phone on and off and also restarted my phone. It made no difference. I was adviced to unpair the Bluetooth from my phone, so I unpaired both my classic and regular Bluetooth and then started again, but although I've marked to re-pair the classic Bluetooth the phone can't find the regular one and thus it still won't sync. What do I do?

@dawnierae wrote:

@SilviaFitbit wrote:

@TLMDC A warm welcome to the Community! It's pretty weird that your notifications aren't staying set up. I would like you to make sure that you're not connecting any other Bluetooth device to your phone because that may be the reason why the notifications are unlinking. 

If you're not using any other device, then please follow this troubleshoot

@dawnierae Hey there! As mentioned in the above post, there's going to be interference if you're using two Bluetooth trackers. You can learn more about it by checking The Fitbit app for iOS is interfering with my other Bluetooth devices.

Let me know how it goes. Hope it helps. 

Yes, I'm aware of that, but a) I think it is a design flaw and b) that doesn't explain why I have to "re-boot" everything after being in my car to get the bluetooth working again.  Just to do a test, though, I don't think the latter issue is related to my car, as I completely removed my car's bluetooth from my phone, and I still have the problem with the bluetooth classic pairing with my phone.  It automatically connects to Blaze and won't forget it, no matter how many times I select "forget this device".  The pairing for music control is a complete failure in my opinion, because it takes an unnecessarily long process to make it work.  If I want to control music with my Fitbit, I have to start about 10 minutes before I actually leave to go on a walk so I can shut everything down, restart it, get the pairing to work, etc.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I was having problems where it took an act of god to make my fitbit sync.  I believe the problem is Bluetooth (Classic), which is really only used for music control.  This solution worked for me

Step 1 - Use the fitbit app to disconnect your blaze from your account
Step 2 - manually go into your phone's bluetooth and "forget device" for blaze and blaze classic

Step 3 - On your blaze, turn off bluetooth classic via the settings menu

Step 4 - Using the fitbit app, reconnect (add device), and follow the steps to reconnect your blaze to your account

You will need to re-do all your other settings, notifications and alarms (through the app).
But now I'm getting notifications again and I've had zero trouble syncing my device since I reconnected.  GPS even works again.  I've even been away from my phone, and had my phone connected to other bluetooth devices, and when I re-open the app, fitbit connects right away, just like it used to.  

The only downside so far is that you won't have music control anymore (that's the only thing that really uses bluetooth classic), which isn't a big deal for me. If I have bluetooth headphones on, I skip, pause, & hit play through other means anyway,

TL/DR - turn off bluetooth classic

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks makes sense mine has worked since I reinstalled the app. I'm careful not to let the battery run flat. Did not know it had music so no problem for me.

Sent from my Huawei tablet
Best Answer
0 Votes

@adrianb once the tracker is removed from the Bluetooth settings you will want to open the app and force a sync. 

Just like when the tracker was setup everything is done through the app not the phones bluetooth. Your tracker does not have to be paired to sync. 

Best Answer
Hi Azsunyx,

Yes, I was wondering about disconnecting then reconnecting my phone from my
account. The thing that stopped me though was that I was worried that I
would lose all my previous stats from my account. Is that what happend to
you or did the account just continue as of nothing had happened?
Best Answer
0 Votes

No.  You won't lose all your previous stats other than those that have not synced when you disconnect.

With my Surge what works is to power down my smartphone, then power it back up again.  A couple of times I had to reset my Surge itself to get it to sync again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, your stats will be fine as of the last time it synced successfully.

Just remember to pair through your fitbit app and not your phone's bluetooth, otherwise it will continue to reject the pairing

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can log out of the app, but the phone is not connected to your account. 

You can go into the phones Bluetooth and remove the tracker from the phone.. This should be done. 

Removing the tracker from the app simply tells Fitbit that you don't want to use it anymore but will not remove the tracker from the phone.. It also will only add problems.. If the tracker can not communicate to sync, why will it communicate to pair??? 

Your data is only stored in your Fitbit account, not the phone, not the tracker. 

Best Answer

I wasn't saying to remove the tracker permanently, I was saying remove and reconnect.  The Fitbit pairs through the app, if you try to pair your fitbit using your phone's bluetooth, it rejects the connection.

I have found that removing all the fitbit bluetooth pairings and then starting over using the app to pair the fitbit, it solved most of the problems.

Basically, I used my phone's bluetooth to "forget device" for all fitbits, then i removed the tracker through the app, and then re-added it through the app, which paired the tracker to my phone's bluetooth automatically.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I'm saying is that removing the tracker from the app is the same as removing the tracker from your account through fitbit.com.. It will not fix a sync issue, and could cause loss of any instances data. 

Normally removing from the phones BT is enough to allow the sync to happen. 

It is also not necessary to remove a device from your account to set it up again, simply use the add device and choose the replace option.

Best Answer

Well, where using the other options did not work for me, I had to remove it from my account completely and start over to get it to sync.

I tried replacing, I tried just removing the bluetooth, it took me actually removing it from my account and re-adding it.  After I did this, my problems with syncing stopped.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Working fine now..

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried disconnecting my blaze from my account and then adding it back in
again. At first it wouldn't sync to my phone app although it did sync to
the app I downloaded to my computer. I then tried restarting my phone. As a
result my phone finally synced with my Blaze and updated my data, but sync
seems to be a one off. I need to restart my phone every time I want to sync.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This troubleshooting solution is offered on many of the forums, and it has not worked for me. I have also tried doing these steps in different orders, leaving out certain steps to let the tech automatically do it itself, and following these and other forum directions step by step... still no GPS connecting to my phone and still no notifications. I have tried every configuration (suggested throughout 10+ forums) of doing the notifications via the device, the phone, and the app, and no avail. I will not be recommending Fitbit to any friends or family, and I will certainly not be purchasing any more once this one becomes defunct. Every "update" that Fitbit comes out with does nothing, and I've even factory reset my phone to see if that solves the problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the exact same problem. I shut down my blaze and started the bluetooth pairing from the beginning, having to get a pair code and everything, and this seemed to resolve the Bluetooth connectivity issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes