Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My blaze is rejecting bluetooth pairing with my phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Upgraded my phone to the new S8, and I cannot get my notifications to my blaze. I cannot get the 2 devices to pair

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

i am having the same issue with my surge, my phone is being rejected and I have the s8 too

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm assuming this is the Samsung S8. Since the phone was released only four days ago, I think you just need to give it a little time for now. I'm sure they will be compatible as soon as possible.

At the moment, it's not listed at all at https://www.fitbit.com/no/devices.

Edit: There's a thread about it in the Andriod App forum.
Also might be worth it to check out My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app) just in case.

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Best Answer

There is only one reason to the "rejected by bluetooth message", this will always happen when trying to pair the device to your phone and not the account throgh the app.

You must use the Fitbit app to setup the tracker.

For @Andi0137 and others that have upgraded the phone, here are the steos.

1 - Go to the app/play store

2 - Install the Fitbit app

3 - Run and Log into your account

4 - Your setup and the tracker will sync

Best Answer

I have the s8+ my fitbit blaze

@Rich_Laue wrote:

There is only one reason to the "rejected by bluetooth message", this will always happen when trying to pair the device to your phone and not the account throgh the app.

You must use the Fitbit app to setup the tracker.

For @Andi0137 and others that have upgraded the phone, here are the steos.

1 - Go to the app/play store

2 - Install the Fitbit app

3 - Run and Log into your account

4 - Your setup and the tracker will sync

keeps rejecting pair.. I don't know why.. I just got it today.. everything else seems to work..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Just purchased the galaxy S8+ last Friday and now my blaze won't pair keeps saying "pairing rejected by blaze"

Help....

I contacted fit bit and they keep sending me the pairing link and how to do it. I do and keep getting the same message.

Best Answer

Same for me. Not able to pair with my Samsung Galaxy S8. I think I see my wifes Blaze as well in my bluetooth list. I get no message at all when trying to pair with one of them, but "Can not connect with Blaze" on the other one. I am able to connect to "Blaze (Classic)" though to control music.

Best Answer

Of course it is rejecting the psireing @knutkj, @Jeniferann74, and @Butterfly83, to setup or sync a tracker you will need to use only the Fitbit app.

There is nothing tgat can be done through the bluetoorh screen. 

Open up thr Fitbit app, choose add device, then follow the prompts.

See the help doc

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using the app. Tried to help the app with some manual bluetooth connection work. Looks like the app is supposed to manage bluetooth automatically. Not sure why many from Fitbit mentions the bluetooth device list since you are not supposed to have to think about it except Blaze (Classic) for music control. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Day,

I too am having the pairing rejected issue as of this morning, 10/17/17. I understand and see my tracker adds via the Fitbit app, but it doesn't allow for GPS functionality on my runs! Fitbit, what is being done, if anything, to correct this? I want to see my splits, pace, etc. like I did on my Note 4.

Thank you in advance for your response,

Renea M.

Charge HR - Retired, Alta HR, Charge HR2, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using the app still not working

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze is synced to the app my steps get recorded just fine its my text and call notifications that arent syncing

Best Answer

@Favord1 are you in the phones bluetooth screen when you receive the reject message? If so that is the cause. You can not use the phone to pair the tracker, it must be done through the app. Since your tracker syncs, then it is working with your phone.

When you say tye GPS is not allowes, what do yo mean, where are you seeing this message? Or is it simply that the Charge 2 settings has GPS turned off for the event your trying to use, have you  tried a different event like walking/running/hiking/biking

@knutkj i think it is because people don't reaf tye setup instructions or the extensive, searchwble, interactive help docs that Fitbit has for tye user to explore.

For notification @Jeniferann74 they need to be setup in the app, the phone might need to grant permission int the notification center (what phone?), also enable Fitbit notifications through the fitbit app. See the help doc

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a samsgung galaxy 8+. It is synced in tha app I shared my step counts but its not syning and sending my text & calling notifications to my blaze.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

@Jeniferann74 see @RobertoME's response to this question in the Android forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ran on Saturday when I BRIEFLY saw my map and results in the app, but then they went away and only resulted with heart rate, calories, and impact for my Saturday run. I attempted to do it again that day but still nothing.

Along with no GPS, my tracker notification options for messages and calendar, both showing default apps, are greyed out so I cannot receive those notifications on my Blaze.  I have chosen other apps then for the app to send a test notification, but still no go.

So my problems:

1. GPS tracking/showing of runs. I'll attempt to track a walk today.

2. No notifications received on my tracker including test ones from the Fitbit app.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just very frustrating that these fitbits cost $150 to $300 and they work like crap.
Best Answer

@Rich_Laue I did see @RobertoME comment. I have done all troubleshooting, have gone only through the app. Nothing is working to get my text & call notifications. 

Moderator edit: All caps

Best Answer

BTW, I've had my Blaze since Mother's day 2017 and have successfully used it on my old Note 4. I just bought my S8, so I expect the same results as I'm using another Samsung device with my tracker.

I had already setup my tracker in the Fitbit app and see my daily step results and basics.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jeniferann74 I just called Fitbit support and received verbal confirmation from their rep, Cynthia, that the Blaze and Galaxy S8 notifications are not fully compatible. So we will have to wait or try a different tracker.

@Rich_Laue I tried walking using exercise mode initiated within the app, but when I end the recording, my map then recent shows a spinning wheel. IT resulted in my phone showing "Fitbit app needs to restart." So this has also been included in my inquiry to Fitbit.

BTW, do you own and use a Samsung Galaxy S8 with a Fitbit Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes