Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My text messages are appearing on my sons Blaze and mine

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My son and I both have a Blaze.  My text messages have started appearing on my sons blaze now as well as my own.  His blaze also has access to my music.  Does anyone know why and how to undo this?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @AilsaT at some time in the past yours sons tracker was connected to your phone. You might have logged into his account.

The answer is to go into your Bluetooth settings  and disconnect his tracker from your phone. Dont worry if you disconnect the wrong one, the app will set yours back up automatically. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @AilsaT at some time in the past yours sons tracker was connected to your phone. You might have logged into his account.

The answer is to go into your Bluetooth settings  and disconnect his tracker from your phone. Dont worry if you disconnect the wrong one, the app will set yours back up automatically. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @AilsaT and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

As our friend mentioned, I also recommend checking your phone's bluetooth settings, if your son's Blaze is paired there you just need to forget the device and your son won't be able to receive your notifications.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

That was the problem, thanks for helping me solve it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many  thanks, problem now solved! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My son has an Ace 3, but does not have a phone, only I have a phone.  I set up a family account and listed my son as a child in our family account, but he’s still getting my text messages.

I don’t understand why I would have to disconnect his Ace from my phone via Bluetooth in order to stop him getting my text messages. I want to see how he is sleeping and his steps per day, that’s why I got him the Ace 3, but if I disconnect the Bluetooth, I won’t be able to see those numbers. 

Can you please explain how I can have my son’s Ace 3, setup within the Fitbit app as a child’s account, so that I can see his sleep and steps but without him getting my text messages.

Also- I saw a suggestion on here to set up his Ace with my Luxe in a different room, that did not work. 

thank you 

Best Answer

@Jennjenn8805 the best answer above explains why your son is getting your text messages. 

To stop this, follow the directions found in the best answer.. 

The answer to your question is to remove your son's tracker from your phones Bluetooth. If the app asks to pair your sons tracker, you may be able to say no. 

Alternatively of you have an older not using phone, set this up for your son, he can sync through WiFi. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same problem, and despite them telling you the best answer above is the answer.. I agree with you it is not! I too want to see my sons progress and he’s only 6 so he doesn’t have a phone of his own! 
I wanted to let you know, if you go in to settings / notifications you can remove message notifications. Also noticed while doing this that in the Ace settings he can also receive my calls on his watch..🤦‍:female_sign: so I turned that off in the Ace settings too! 

I hope that helps more than just disconnecting the device completely! 😁

Best Answer

The best answer above, is the only that will work. 

@scillyfish you have an unrelated issue, in that your son is a minor, and has a child's account, unlike the Child with an adult. When viewing your child's account, their tracker gets connected to your phones Bluetooth, and mist be removed. 

Really the only permanant answer would be to find a used phone and sync their account through the homes WiFi 

Best Answer
0 Votes