Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Blaze already has calories burned..

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
How can I reset all counter to zero? New Blaze, but it states I've burned 1594 calories today and the past few days/weeks.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@AndreaNicolena wrote:
How can I reset all counter to zero? New Blaze, but it states I've burned 1594 calories today and the past few days/weeks.

@AndreaNicolena Welcome and there is no need to worry about that. It is showing your BMR, those calories just to keep breathing and functioning at total rest.  It will not affect any of your reports because they are taken from the day you signed up.

Your BMR is zeroed at midnight and immediately starts again. All of your activities include BMR and you will find that is about 60-70% of your daily calorie burn.

Enjoy your Blaze as I am.. Go for it..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@AndreaNicolena wrote:

@AndreaNicolena Welcome and there is no need to worry about that. It is showing your BMR, those calories just to keep breathing and functioning at total rest.  It will not affect any of your reports because they are taken from the day you signed up.

Your BMR is zeroed at midnight and immediately starts again. All of your activities include BMR and you will find that is about 60-70% of your daily calorie burn.

Enjoy your Blaze as I am.. Go for it..

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
Thanks! Makes sense
Best Answer

I haven't even put my blaze on and its reading 650 calories burned already,,,,what's going on..?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mmejia, this is explaned in the accepted solution posted by @Colinm39 above. Please read that. 

The calories where added at tye creation of the Fitbit account, even before setting up the tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry rich this doesn't help me at all.  So what does that even mean, that the calories were entered when the account was created???? Why, what's the purpose,,,, how you can you get an accurate daily calorie count if I haven't even put it on my wrist and it's already reading 665 calories.???????? I don't get it!?!?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mmejia When you create your account, Fitbit takes into account the calories you need just to keep your body functioning at rest.  They are the calories you see now. (BMR)

Then all activities include BMR which can be about 60% of your total calories burned at the end of the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What Fitbit, correctly, does is to count the overall calories burned during the day meaning what is called BMR *Basal Metabolic Rate* and AMR *Active Metabolic Rate*.

BMR is the amount of calories needed just because your are alive and it depends on gender, weight height and age. Here you can find aformula for its calculation that is anyway approximative.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/bmr-formula.php

So, for example is my BMR is 1200 calories I can say I need an average of 50 calories per hour so if I don`t wear my Fitbit anyway at 6 am it will already show 6*50 = 300 Calories burned.

Then Fitbit checks your activity level adding the additional calories burned *AMR* to your BMR to show the total calories burned during the day.

Best Answer

@mmejiaHi again.. Do you need anymore help with the Calories on your Fitbit account ?

This calculator in this link gives you your BMR and uses the same equations that Fitbit uses in their calculations.  Because BMR can be about 65% of your total Calories Burned for 24 hours it is important you have your physical settings correct in your Fitbit Dashboard settings as @Giampi71 mentions in their post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

AT the time of setting up an account, there is some info about about the user that gets entered.

Height 

Weight

Fitbit uses this info to determine your BMR.

These are the calories that are displayed.

Now when the tracker is being worn, it will take you activity and heart rate into consideration to determine how many more calories are being burnt.

Thank you @Colinm39 and @Giampi71 for helping out, sometimes a different veiw helps in the understanding

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue. It's a great Fitbit Community when you consider we have different time zones, all parts of the globe and all with a common theme, to make the Fitbit experience more productive for everyone.

It gets so busy, I have set my Blaze Notifications to off at night because of the Time Zone. I have two silent alarms to prompt me, the first warning to turn off ... at 10-30pm ....and then another in the morning to switch back on....

Have a great evening.. from OZ.... Downunder

Best Answer

I don't understand.  I just purchase the Blaze today.  Just charging it.  Haven't even wore it yet, so how can it even know anything yet?  This is my 3rd Fitbit since Christmas.  First 2 were Charge 2's.  Could not get Notification or Sleep part to work.  Worked with tech support for over 2 hours and they could not get it to work either.  So they sent me another one.  That one didn't work either.  Returned both of them.  This will be my last try.  Not looking good so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mrbill318I presume you are seeing calories on the screen, if so that will be your BMR since midnight. All Fitbit activities include your BMR.. You may see a few steps because any Fitbit is a movement detector and will pickup some movements off your wrist..

What else are you seeing ?

@mrbill318 wrote:

I don't understand.  I just purchase the Blaze today.  Just charging it.  Haven't even wore it yet, so how can it even know anything yet?  This is my 3rd Fitbit since Christmas.  First 2 were Charge 2's.  Could not get Notification or Sleep part to work.  Worked with tech support for over 2 hours and they could not get it to work either.  So they sent me another one.  That one didn't work either.  Returned both of them.  This will be my last try.  Not looking good so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So what you are saying is that even though I have not even wore it yet,
just by moving it out of the box and charging it for the first time will
register calories burned? Weird to me!
Best Answer
0 Votes