Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Blaze, no notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just received my Blaze and I can't any messages or any notifications to show up anyone else having this issue? I have a Verzion phone and they use message + as there messager.

Best Answer
151 REPLIES 151

Hello I recently got the Blaze and it is great!! I believe the bluetooth classic is for controlling music only and if you have paired it that way with your phone then when you play your music on your phone it connects to allow your Blaze to control the player.

Best Answer
I got notifications on my charge hr from my phone huawei p8 lite....today I got my blaze... Nothing! My phone says from the Fitbit app "notifications are running" but Nothing happens on my blaze. Tried everything I read here but still silence...😔😕
Best Answer

For those with iPhones and not getting text alerts on the Blaze - on your iPhone goto Settings>Notifications>Messages and make sure "Show in Notification Center" is turned on (green). The same will have to be done for Calendar and Phone

Best Answer

@Prullemieke123  there are others experiencing the exact same problem with you. And we all have huawei phones. I personally have a P8 and I get no notifications, no connected GPS, no tracker listed under paired bluetooth devices. There must be an incompatibility with our mobile's Android edition and bluetooth. Stay tuned with this post as well.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/No-notification-and-no-connected-gps/m-p/1241363#M7608

Sofia

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!  This actually solved my one issue, and I've been working on this for hours!

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I get the old version of the app please?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Prullemieke123 wrote:
How do I get the old version of the app please?

There is another thread on here with more info, basically you need to search some of tye archive sites, then side load the app onto your android phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you have the link of this tread please?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try switching text app from Messages+ to Messages. I had both on my Samsung Note 3. Initially didn;t work with Messages+.  Also, make sure that you go into settings and turn on preview messages. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try switching to Message. I also have a Verizon Samsung Note 3. Switching fixed me right up.

Best Answer

I cannot find the set up procedure. I have a samsung s6 and it says it should be compatible.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you're running Android and want to keep Messages+ you could try bitticker notifications from the play store. That lets you assign any app's notifications.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I WAS rec'ing texts on my Blaze until yesterday, everything is paired, I have a Galaxy S-6 which is compatable, i just re-did the message app as suggested, but this should not have to be so troublesome, i just want the **ahem** thing to WORK the way it is supposed to withou taking my time to try to figure out what magic combo actually works.

I am very annoyed, sorry to vent.

Best Answer

I also can't have any notifications.

How to install the old version of fitbit app, please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please, how to install the older version of fitbit app?

Because I still have no notifications.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

contact fitbit customer service, they may be able to check things from their end...what phone are you using?  I uninstalled the app both on my Samsung Galaxy 6 phone and my Samsung Galaxy S-2 tablet.  that gave me all of my friend listings.  i now also have both calls and texts coming it with no problem.

I would post the detailed instructions i rec'd from Fitbit customer service, but i am hesitant...i rec'd a notice from a moderator yesterday that she removed my post because i shared information i found helpful...

Best Answer
Help! Just got the fitbit blaze. I have the galaxy note 5. I don't get notifications, text or calls. Bluetooth states it's "paired"?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Help! Just got the fitbit blaze. I have the galaxy note 5. I don't get notifications, text or calls. Bluetooth states it's paired.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Note 5 as well and I had problems getting notifications at first. I had to try pairing it a few different times. You want to make sure it pairs with Bluetooth Classic. Look on your Fitbit and be sure that it says bluetooth classic. If not, try pairing it again. 

Also, you will not receive the actual text messages. You will receive a notification that says you have a message, but you will not see the actual message. The Note 5 is not a compatible device for this apparently. 

Sometimes my Fitbit randomly turns off Notifications. From your home screen on the Fitbit, swipe down from the top. Make sure you have notififications turned on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Galaxy s-6 (older phone from last year).. WHEN i get the text notification I can read the entire text.  However, getting them is hit or miss--it worked fine on friday evening and Saturday morning, then does not work at all.

I don't have TIME to keep troubleshooting and re-doing the 25 steps i went through to get it to work again (originally it worked then stopped--but i figured it was my phone upgrade)  this is REALLY more trouble than it is worth.

Best Answer