Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Blaze, no notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just received my Blaze and I can't any messages or any notifications to show up anyone else having this issue? I have a Verzion phone and they use message + as there messager.

Best Answer
151 REPLIES 151

and right after I typed that i did get a full text message...but this should be consistant.  my phone and blaze have been right next to each other and i wont get notification, then i can have my phone in my purse in the back seat of the car and it goes off.

I do not think that this is USER error, i think it is a fitbit issue...when i didn't get notifications and calls again yesterday, i basically gave up..I do NOT want to spend hours trying to figure this out and trying magic combinations between the dashboard, the device, uninstalling, reinstalling, turning on/turning off and waiting for customer service to spew the same thing at me.

Best Answer

Hi @HarleyRob66 I also have a Droid Turbo 2 and in order to get my text messages to work I had to turn off message+ and go to the stock messenger app (green icon). Once I did this my text messages started working and I have not had any issues.  I am hoping  that fitbit will correct this and include it in the next update but until then I have been using the stock app (which I hate but like getting my messages on my blaze) Haven't tried using music yet but will soon.  Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nobody has said it is a user error, what has been said is what has worked for them, and what settings where needed to be set.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hate the stock also, I so I use Handscent and it has all the bells and
whistles! It works just fine on the Blaze. I I tried to get music working
after the firm ware update but it still isn't working.
Best Answer
My blaze notifications aren't working at all. I have tried to restart and resync and still nothing. I have a iphone6.
Best Answer
This worked!
Best Answer
0 Votes
This worked! For those with iPhones and not getting text alerts on the Blaze - on your iPhone goto Settings>Notifications>Messages and make sure "Show in Notification Center" is turned on (green). The same will have to be done for Calendar and Phone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Notifications are on already for me. This didn't work. Was receiving calls and texts fine until today. Now nothing comes through. iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an s5 notifications worked fine when first set up but for some reason have just stopped coming through been on to fit bit support and been through a lot of trouble shooting and in they end I was advised to take it back and exchange it
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was somehow tired of struggling with those notifications issues at all time.
So, I just give back that Fitbit Blaze and be refund of my money.
Booring !
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have spent hours now and giving up support had me repeating the same things over and over so boxing up and returning, it shouldn't be that difficult to sort out a simple problem
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree.
But it's Fitbit to fix all technical issues before puting the product on the market.
When i buy something, i just want it to work properly. That is it.
I'm very desappointed on Fitbit.
Best Answer
Hi, I have a new Blaze.
iPhone 6 is compatible, I am receiving phone call notifications. But I am not receiving text notifications. Have paired several times and it still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I wasn't receiving text or phone notifications I paired it several times to no avail but I powered my phone off and when I powered it back on I start receiving text and phone notifications again. I have iPhone 5S

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. It was working and now it's not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just sharing what worked for me.  I have an Android OS on my HTC One Mini 2.

I had to remove the device from my phone's Bluetooth device list, turn the Bluetooth Classic to Pair, and then scan for and pair again via my phone.

Once both devices did the handshake, notifications started to work, and Bluetooth Classic shows as On.

Once that worked, I did the happy dance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that, now when I attempt to pair it tells me the Blaze rejected my
device. A Samsung S6 that worked beautifully with my blaze a few days ago.
This is really bad. Now not paired at all!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KT-Stella wrote:
I tried that, now when I attempt to pair it tells me the Blaze rejected my
device. A Samsung S6 that worked beautifully with my blaze a few days ago.
This is really bad. Now not paired at all!!

If it's the same error I had, then here's a bit more detail about how I got over it:

1. Unpair Blaze device from the phone
  2. Turn Bluetooth off on the phone
  3. Turn Bluetooth Classic to "Pair" on the Blaze
  4. Turn Bluetooth on the phone back on and scan for devices
    • This should now show the Blaze as "Blaze (Classic)" and not just "Blaze" as before
  5. Slect the Blaze (Classic) device to pair with, and you should be prompted on the Blaze to accept the pairing (if the code on your phone matches the code on the Blaze)
Best Answer

Hi,

I have just recieved by Blaze and cannot get any notifcations on my samsung s6 edge. I have followed all the instructions and help given in messages and on the help page of the fitbit help. My notifications are set to on and enabled. Can anyone help please, it's driving me insane!!! Thank you 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was the only advice that worked. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes