Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Blaze, no notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just received my Blaze and I can't any messages or any notifications to show up anyone else having this issue? I have a Verzion phone and they use message + as there messager.

Best Answer
151 REPLIES 151

Hello all, I hope you are doing great. Woman Very Happy

If you are having problems connecting your trackers with your phones, I recommend following the instructions I provided in my previous post. If you have already tried those instructions without success, feel free to get in touch with our support team. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a newer lg G5 phone that is not on the list. i see that the older versions of lg are listed. Why wouldnt the newer ones work?  Does that mean that I will not be able to get notifications on my Blaze at all? That is very disappointing seeing as that is one of the main reasons I spent the extra money on this device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shellmeister28 no one is saying the mewer models won't  work, this list is ehat has been tested, troubleshooted and now known yo work.

The newer model either has not been completely tested, and troublehot.

In otherwords your experience may vary. 

My question is do you have a Blaze and have you tried to set it up, or are you asking before you get one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

in case this helps someone else, I was not getting notifications on my Blaze from my Android-based blackberry.   I had the Android notificaitons set to not display contents when the screen was locked.  I had to disable that feature and then the notifications (calls, texts, calendar) started showing up on the blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Message plus does work on the fitbit with notifications. Mine works fine.  I have a problem receiving my calls. One day the calls work and the next day they don't come through on the blaze. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go into text message settings and turn on the preview text 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My mom was having the same issue with her Blaze, but we did this and everything was good! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is synced to my new blaze and still not receiving notifications. Now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the blaze and same thing happens to me when testing it with texting. If I'm not directly on it like if it's open but not looking at messages I can now get them on my watch and shows name and message . If you are texting someone back and forth or even sending to yourself and keeping it open for it to receive it won't go to watch either. I have iPhone 6 Plus 

Best Answer

I just got the blaze and same thing happens to me when testing it with texting. If I'm not directly on it like if it's open but not looking at messages I can now get them on my watch and shows name and message . If you are texting someone back and forth or even sending to yourself and keeping it open for it to receive it won't go to watch either. I have iPhone 6 Plus

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the blaze and same thing happens to me when testing it with texting. If I'm not directly on it like if it's open but not looking at messages I can now get them on my watch and shows name and message . If you are texting someone back and forth or even sending to yourself and keeping it open for it to receive it won't go to watch either. I have iPhone 6 Plus. If it's paired as long as you don't have text open to view on phone should go through. Like test sending to yourself then minimize the texts on phone or click home key after sending and let me know if fhat works

ps. I do tech support for a living 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you find a solution? Had my blaze under er 2 weeks with no issue, until today. No notifications at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. Mine finally started working after having it couple of weeks. Kept having to play with the settings. My notifications will stop too every once in awhile. Reboot the phone and/or Blaze and you should be good to go. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, it's great to see you here! Woman Happy

I would like to know if you keep having problems with your notifications? If you do, I recommend as mentioned in my previous post following @MarreFitbit's instructions in the My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app) post and @SantiFitbit's instructions in the Not receiving notifications on your iOS deceive? post.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Wink

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit intermittently has notifications, and stops for no apparent reason. 

Not in impressed, considering how much money I spent on it

Best Answer

Great to see you around @t_roe. Have you tried the instructions I provided in my previous post? If you haven't, please follow those steps. 

I hope that helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

notifications work on and off for no apparent reason.

I have done all troubleshooting suggestions as outlined from Fitbit.

My MFP information isn't showing up on my Fitbit app, however it shows up on the fitbit website.

not impressed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @t_roe. Have you tried to restart your Blaze? If you haven't, I recommend following the restart process, logging out and in from your Fitbit app and test it.

Let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have chatted with support and tried all suggested options and I still cant receive text messages very frustrating. Blaze is only 3 days old everything else is working i can answer calls it is just the messages that are the problem. Help😳

Best Answer
0 Votes
What kind of phone do you have? I have the Note 5 or 7,lol. Can't remember, but I had to go into message settings and turn on preview text messages

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes