Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Blaze, no notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just received my Blaze and I can't any messages or any notifications to show up anyone else having this issue? I have a Verzion phone and they use message + as there messager.

Best Answer
151 REPLIES 151

When you saying settings are you referring to the settings on the phone or the blaze? I have a IPhone 7 and it shows that the blaze is connected to my phone but I'm still not able to get any messages, notifications or even my music. I've never heard of "blaze classic".

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an LG G5 (use messenger + for texting) and I just got the Blaze yesterday. I was receiving notifications for phone calls, text messages (I could read the text as well), email and social media apps. I woke up this morning and I have not received a single notification. On the Fitbit app, I sent a test notification and it alerted me on my watch. I know my phone is paired to my fitbit because I synced it and all the correct information is showing and the phone and watch match.

God Bless
Best Answer
0 Votes

These things work for me:

• Uninstall and re-install Fitbit App making sure that you check your settings once done.
  • Make sure Bluetooth is on. (Mine randomly shuts itself off for some reason)
  • Do a re-start on the phone

Good Luck. This has been an ongoing thing with me since I got the Blaze when it first came out. (Paid the full $199.99 price too!) That, combined with all the recent Dashboard changes has soured me on the whole Fitbit thing. I do feel that as a fitness band, Fitbit is the best. Just a lot of work to keep them going consistently. The Blaze is my third and will be my final Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an LG G5 (use messenger + for texting) and I just got the Blaze yesterday. I was receiving notifications for phone calls, text messages (I could read the text as well), email and social media apps. I woke up this morning and I have not received a single notification other than phone call notifications. On the Fitbit app, I sent a test notification and it alerted me on my watch. I know my phone is paired to my fitbit because I synced it and all the correct information is showing and the phone and watch data match.

God Bless
Best Answer
0 Votes

Enable the notifacation wizard, and maybe enable always connected, this should give a more consistent notifications. 

Of course a phone res5art works for most people in gett notificatiins working again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you reinstall the older version of the app?  Once I updated my app, my text messages and call notifications stopped working.  It's so frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried every step to try and get my blaze to receive notifications for texts and phone calls.  It worked for 3 days.  It stopped working and I can't get it to start back up again- all except for the music.  I can start Spotify from my phone- but that's it.    I called fitbit- they couldn't do it either.  The rep tried to tell me my phone wasn't compatible when it is clearly listed as being compatible. 

Tried on another phone- didn't work on that either.  That being the case, I figured the watch was no good so I brought it back to where I purchased it- since I had a warrantee- they exchanged it for another.  I have the same problem.  What's up with this? I need the notifications on my wrist since my phone is on silent in the office.  This isn't a $10 item....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had notification issues since the most recent update to the app. I had been synched for weeks, and it was working fine, then it just stopped. I went to "enable notifications" again, and it doesn't do anything. It tells me to "Select Fitbit Notification Service to enable notifications" but tha'ts already clicked 'on'. And when I touch it, the only option is to turn it OFF. 

Best Answer
You have to get into text message settings and turn on preview text messages. I wasn't getting texts or calls

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi - that's been on- tried toggling that and the other settings - still nothing.
Best Answer

Yes! Me either. I can't even find anything that says "text message settings". I used to be able to swap between different messenger apps: text message/google hangouts/something else. lol 

And now I can't even get to a screen that says ANYTHING about messages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Look at message setting under apps- make sure it's not hiding notifications. Mine isn't and I still get nothing
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion - I checked. And it says notifications are allowed, AND I checked, and it says it has access to my SMS. 

It's just so frustrating. I know exactly where I should go, but it doesn't let me past it. 

1) Click on the device 
2) Go to "General" click on "Notifications - select your notifications options" 

3) Big screen that says "turn on device notifications" (which used to be the page where i could click between messengers. OK - click "Enable Notifications" 

4) View: Notification Access "Fitbit Notification Service" toggled on; "Google VR Services" toggled off; "Pixel Launcher" toggled on. Prompt: "Select Fitbit Notification Service to enable notifications". 

5) Click "Fitbit Notification Service". Prompt: "If you turn off notification services, Do not Disturb access my also be turned off. CANCEL // TURN OFF". 

THAT'S. IT. These are all the options I have. 

Best Answer
Yep, did them all- unfortunately doesn't work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

After about 3 updates since the previous post - THE APP FINALLY WORKS! And even cooler, with even more options than ever. 

Hope it all works for you, now! Looks like they just took a little long (like 2 months. -_-) on the update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes mine started to work. Finally!!! Lol waiting for it to stop again. Hope it keeps going
Best Answer
0 Votes

baught s8 and fitbit blaze together......followed everything to the letter and still no notfifications

Best Answer
0 Votes

< this guy= life saver

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guys! I realized that EVERY TIME the app updates, you need to restart your phone for the notifications to work! It's a little frustrating cause the app probably updates itself like every other day! BUT once you do that, it should all go back to normal. 

Hope that helps!

Best Answer

My phone is paired and it is a compatible device. The notifications use to work however it is no longer working would there be any other reason it wouldn't? 

Best Answer
0 Votes