Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Blaze showing calorie results back to December

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I bought my fitbit blaze today and it is showing calories burned going back to 17th December !

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit also decided that since you requested a date back in December, that you will want to see what calories where burnt on that day. This calorie consumption will as stated by @wtksk8r be based on your BMR as calculated by gender, age, weight.

There is actually no data saved for this day, but it is calculated on the fly, when asked to display.

I guess Fitbit feels that you where alive that day. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Fitbit uses your stats to estimate a Base Metabolic Rate (BMR) which is the calories you burn just to stay alive.  You can check the estimate by searching the web for BMR calculators (there are many of them).  Fitbit then populates the previous dates with your daily total BMR to begin their estimate of your daily calorie burn. As you continue to use the unit, the daily estimate becomes more accurate since it will include your daily activities.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Fitbit also decided that since you requested a date back in December, that you will want to see what calories where burnt on that day. This calorie consumption will as stated by @wtksk8r be based on your BMR as calculated by gender, age, weight.

There is actually no data saved for this day, but it is calculated on the fly, when asked to display.

I guess Fitbit feels that you where alive that day. 

Best Answer

Thanks for this info. Just bought mine today and was wondering the same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes