Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sleep Stages feature does not properly track Light Sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love the new Sleep Stages feature on the Fitbit Blaze, BUT I am sure it does not properly calculate Light Sleep. Before the Sleep Stages feature I had my sleep mode set to Sensitive, as the Normal mode was not accurate for me.  When I am restless I am not asleep and restless but awake and restless. I do move around (toss and turn) a lot, and I know this is calculated as time awake, but when I am not moving, I am typically awake. I have never slept well. I have gone to overnight sleep clinics. I'm told that I rarely get to REM sleep and I typically sleep 3 hours per night, but often less. Even without a tracker or sleep study, I know this, especially in the morning when I have to get on with my day.

I believe the sleep stages calculates REM, Deep Sleep and Awake time, and that Light Sleep is the "catch all" for anything that is not in these other stages of sleep.

For example, last night I went to bed at 9:30, watched TV for 1 hour, and then I went to have a pee. It tracked my TV watching as Light Sleep and I was definitely NOT asleep. It did track my pee time as Awake.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

A warm welcome to the Community @WandaWoman. For me light sleep is when you are starting to sleep and that's why this information will depend on how fast you take to fall sleep. for more information about the sleep stages, I recommend taking a look at the What should I know about sleep stages? article. 

I hope this helps, catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes