Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Blaze notifications and GPS connection with my Samsung Galaxy S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not able to get my Blaze to have notifications and GPS connection with my Samsung Galaxy S8. What to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I have the same problem there's no fix Fitbit keep telling me they are working on it but that's been 6 months now they obviously can't fix the problem my advice is bin the blaze as I'm doing and get something else preferably not a Fitbit the customer service isn't as good as Twitter makes out

Best Answer

My wife has a Blaze and a Samsung S7. Sometimes, when stars are aligned in correct positions, she is able to get GPS tracking working. Then you have to hope for new star alignments, so that when you reach your destination, that it actually tracked the route. Many times it tracked a zero distance. That is really sad. To have this hard workout, and not being able to share it with friends afterwards. Same problem on my Windows Phone (and many other problems). Had to be lucky if tracking actually worked. That is big problems with two Blazes with three different phones in my house. I really don't understand why Fitbit spends time on implementing new fancy app animations, and features like sleep stages, when one of the most important features, GPS tracking is not working. Please spend more time on quality.

Best Answer

Suddenly I got email notifications and was able to connect to GPS. Can someone from Fitbit explain why it helps to wait some hours for these features to start working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My GPS tracking and notifications are working now. Added some notes below that may help others that have issues.

• 2017-09-19: I got a new Samsung Galaxy S8. I tried to get notifications to work. I did everything, even removed Blaze from my Fitbit account and adding it again. Nothing helped. I noticed that I was not able to connect to my "Blaze" Bluetooth device. I was able to connect to my "Blaze (classic)" Bluetooth device to control music. I also saw my wifes Blaze watch in Android Bluetooth device list.
  • 2017-09-20Next day it just started to work. Even got app notifications, not only SMS. GPS tracking also connected from Blaze with phone.
  • 2017-09-20Later next day the Blaze refused to scroll sideways. I decided to restart it (hold down bottom left and right button until it restarts). Notifications did not work after restart. I went into Fitbit app and clicked notifications. To my surprise it started the notifications wizard again, even though notifications was turned on. I had to turn it off, and then on again to make it work.
  • 2017-09-24: Today when writing this post I notice that I have a Bluetooth connection with my Blaze, not only the "Blaze (Classic)" connection. I think this is important. The app must have set this up. See image below.Blaze Bluetooth connectionBlaze Bluetooth connection
  • 2017-09-24: I also now see that there is a send a test notifications feature. The calls notification option needs to be enabled for this to work. Feature works great when notifications are up and running at least.Send a Test NotificationSend a Test Notification
  • 2017-09-24: I tried the "Disable Notifications" action under the more button (...) which you can see in screen shot above. After clicking it it still says "Disable Notifications" so not able to turn it on again. Trying to restart app and see what happens... Trying to enable each individual feature again to see if that works. All are disabled now. See screenshot below for details... Turned them on again. Had to select all apps again. Did a test notification which works. Concluding that "Disable Notifications" is a convenience option to turn everything off, not a disable/enable feature.tempFileForShare_20170924-215455.jpg
  • 2017-09-24: Will try to get notifications to work on my wife's S7 now... She had a strange selected SMS app. Changed to the default SMS app. Enabled some apps. Did a test notification. It worked. App notifications as well from Facebook Messenger app. First time ever app notification works on her S7.
Best Answer

I also now see the Blaze connection along with the Blaze classic but it will not let me pair with it. I tried impairing, rebooting, clearing the cache from my phone etc, pair is rejected by the Blaze every time.  Were you able to pair the new connection with no problems?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am pretty sure that the app should do the pairing. You should not try to pair it. If the app is not able to pair. Give it a night. Not working yet? Try to uninstall app, remove Blaze from account. Add both back. Do you have more than one Fitbit device? I have a One as well. Remove that. Add only Blaze. Add other device after you get it working. Other Fitbit devices near? Try to do add away from them. Try enable, disable settings. Do random things. Kind of hard to know what fixed my connection.

Best Answer

Correct @knutkj, a user can not pair the tracker through the phones bluetooth,  they will get the rejected message everytime.

I would setup notifacations through the app, then send a test notifacation using the test function.

Also make sure the phone can display notifications on the lock screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I have tried all that many, many, many times.  It has been 2 weeks so assuming it is not going to start working for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@knutkj, thank you for the info, my Blaze is finally getting the notifications and connected GPS from Samsung Galaxy S8+.

I did remove the Blaze then re-added it in the fitbit app on the phone, once I saw both of Blaze and Blaze(Classic) are listed as the phone's paired devices like you said, I knew it's going to work...

Best Answer
0 Votes