Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Bluetooth option listed in the settings of my Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Blaze yesterday and when I went to set it up, there was no Bluetooth option in the settings.  I charged the Blaze and read the manual.  I powered it down and still no Bluetooth option.  However, when the Blaze is in my hand (not in the watch band) the option was there.  Then when I paired it, it went away again and I cannot sync.  No Bluetooth option showing at all on the Blaze.  I don't think it should keep disappearing as an option.  Smiley Sad

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

The Bluetooth for syncing is not an option, it's always switched on. There is a secondary Bluetooth connection that is needed for music control on some phones that will appear in the menu but this will be of no use for synchronisation.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It won't sync though, and when you go into the Blaze settings, you don't even see the Bluetooth options to synch it to my phone, and it should be there, I see it in the instructions.

When I am trying to add the blaze to my fitbit app, it cannot find it at all, so I cannot even sync it all now because they will not communicate.

And I checked, my phone is compatible.  

Best Answer

Which instructions are you reading?

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything posted on the fitbit site, and in here on how to pair. But, if the words BLUETOOTH are not in the settings, how are we to do it?

Best Answer

I can't help you I'm afraid since you're looking for something that I don't believe exists on the Blaze I have and shouldn't be required for synchronisation. Good luck anyway!

Mike | London, UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

20160227_175136.jpgYou dont see this in the settings screen on the Blaze?  Please remember this is only for music control,  amd has nothing to do with syncing.

All setup of the Blaze needs to be done through the app and uses Bluetooth Low Energy, which the user has no control of. 

Open the app up, tap the top left corner, yhen devices. No tap the plus sign in the top right and follow directions.

Best Answer

No, I don't have that.

Well, let me rephrase that....I have seen it once in the 24 hours since my Blaze came.  But since I can't sync and the fitbit app is telling me it cannot find my Blaze, I am really unsure what is going on.  I really want to use this, especially since I am going on vacation next week and will be doing a lot of walking.

Best Answer
From what you're saying, it sounds like you've set up your Blaze and added it to your account but now you can't get your phone to sync with it?

There are no user Bluetooth settings on the Blaze that will affect how it connects to the phone app to sync. The Bluetooth Classic setting is only to control music on some phones. If your phone isn't seeing your Blaze, did it ever? How did you add your Blaze to your account and set it up?

Sorry for all the questions but it'll help establish your problem better.
Best Answer

Has the Blaze been setup to your Fitbit account yet?

Since the App says"can't find your Blaze', let's restart your unit. Hold both the left button and the right lower button together for 10 seconds. You should see the screen get bright,  then the Fitbit logo. Now try to sync. If this doesn't work please turn ypir phone completely off, then turn it on. Turning the phone of will restart all the hardware amd software, doing a restart might not reset a stuck BT circuit. 

Best Answer

Yes Rich, the Blaze had been completely set up, and seemed to be operating perfectly, but then it no longer would do anything.  I tried your steps and it appears to be working right now, although I am waiting for someone to text me so I can test notifications.  LOL

Thank you and all here for the advice and wisdom.

Best Answer
Usually a reset of the tracker, or turning the phones Bluetooth off and on will work. If nor there is several other steps that could do the trick, but i suggested turning the phone odd and on becaise it tales care of all but one possibility on one step.
Best Answer

I just received my blaze today (woot!) and I do not have that in my settings menu either. Even though I do not have this setting I am not having a problem syncing with my phone. I have tried to reset the phone and decide and it will not appear on my blaze either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@alexstuder did you try the reset of the Blaze as suggested abpve?

Best Answer

I sure did and ensured the firmware was also up to date still not available

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also do not have the Bluetooth option on my Fitbit Blaze as pictures above. It is just not there.

I have reset, shut down, etc.

It pairs fine, but I'm not seeing that settin available.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Bluetooth classic has nothing to do with the trackers ability to Sync. Are you able to control your music?

Best Answer

Hello everyone! @MicheleR1965 I'm glad to hear your tracker is syncing properly now. @Rich_Laue@MikeF and @SunsetRunner thanks for your cooperation. @alexstuder and @gmbmx did you review on your tracker's settings for the option to turn on Bluetooth classic? Scroll to the last screen on your Blaze ( the settings screen) scroll down and find the option to pair your Blaze with the Bluetooth classic. As mentioned before by several users the Bluetooth classic is used only for music control. If you already did this and the option is not showing I would appreciate a photo of your tracker so I can further investigate. Also let me know what are the options you have mine has Quick view, Brightness, Bluetooth Classic, Heart Rate, Regulatory Info and Version Number. 

Also if you are having issues syncing please troubleshoot as instructed here.

Let me know if this helps! 🙂  

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Hi there all.  I have also been having this problem.  I bought my fitbit blaze 3 days ago.  I had about 2 days of the bluetooth pairing beautifully with my iPhone so that I could get text notifications.

Today, it was paired, then it wasn't.  And then the Bluetooth pairing option disappeared completely from the settings menu.  Then I restarted the Blaze and the option was back.  I paired my phone for about 5 minutes, then it was unpaired, and the Bluetooth option is gone again.  It is synced with both my iPhone and my iPad, but paired only with iPhone.

So why does the Bluetooth option disappear completely from the menu?!  Is this something that fitbit needs to fix on all Blazes, or do I need to return my blaze and get a new one?

Thanks!

Karen

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to me - my Blaze has been paired for about 2 months, with text notifications working prefectly. They stopped working yesterday, and Bluetooth is missing from my Settings menu. I have reset my device and my phone and it's still missing. My Blaze is syncing with the FitBit app on my phone, however.

Best Answer
0 Votes