Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Bluetooth option listed in the settings of my Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Blaze yesterday and when I went to set it up, there was no Bluetooth option in the settings.  I charged the Blaze and read the manual.  I powered it down and still no Bluetooth option.  However, when the Blaze is in my hand (not in the watch band) the option was there.  Then when I paired it, it went away again and I cannot sync.  No Bluetooth option showing at all on the Blaze.  I don't think it should keep disappearing as an option.  Smiley Sad

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81
Thank you. But now it appears I can’t receive notifications either (text messages, etc.) even though everything shows that the blaze is synchronized with my iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know enough about the iPhone. Have you searched the iOS board? I see many solved threads. 

Best Answer

My blaze won't sync either.  I tried resetting the blaze, powering off and on my phone, S8 Active, and uninstalling and reinstalling the fit bit app on my phone.  Nothing works.  When I search for Bluetooth devices on my phone to pair my blaze nothing comes up.  I tried resetting my blaze as I scan for Bluetooth devices and it then shows up, but when I try to pair with blaze, I get an error message:  pairing rejected by blaze.  So my current status is that my blaze and phone won't pair/sync.  It has been working in the past, but this just started 4 days ago.  Any HELP?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @GabeDiaz, a user can not pair the tracker through the phones. That is why the error message. Bluetooth, pairing must be done by the app.

As for the Bluetooth settings on the Blaze, this is not used to sync. 

Make sure that the Fitbit app is 

Restart the tracker and the phone. 

Then try the app to setup the tracker. 

Best Answer

Hi MicheleR1965

I have the same issue with my Blaze. Bluetooth option disappeard and I cannot sync my Blaze with my smart phone. May I ask if you could solve the problem?

Best Answer

@Buyukkurt without mentioning the type of phone that you sync through it is hard to say why the Blaze Classic is gone. 

Do you sync through an iOS device? If so Blaze Classic is not needed and will be disabled. 

As for syncing. Blaze classic is not used and having it on or off will not prevent the tracker from syncing. 

I would look at the troubleshooting steps. 

Best Answer
Restart phone and blaze. Once it is connected the option doesn’t show. Bluetooth appears in setting on your watch only when it isn’t paired or connected.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My blaze has been working fine for months and suddenly stopped syncing to phone., The time is now wrong.  I have reset my phone, Bluetooth and the blaze (hard and soft) .  I decided to remove the device and  uninstall the app and start over bit now it won't even register the blaze.  My child's ace shows up no problem.  I have read alot of similar stories on here with the blaze and syncing issues....did I purchase a lemon??? Hoping this is not the case as I have been using the watch regularly for fitness tracking.  Please hellllp

Best Answer

It sounds like the Blaze has been removed from your Fitbit account, have you removed the Blaze from your phones Bluetooth? The app won't discover a device that is already connected.

May I ask what type on phone you sync through?

Best Answer
I have a Samsung s7.  Yes I removed the phone from Bluetooth and the app. As nothing would work get it to connect so I decided to start over.  Now it won't even register on my phone.  It seems like the Bluetooth is not functioning 😣.  I did the same with my child's ace and it has reconnected no problem just my blaze won't.  Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Hello @Swolfe07  does the Fitbit app see your Blaze? We know that the phone Bluetooth will not be helpful, fotbit does not work that way.

Best Answer
No....it does not see my blaze.  I can't even add it to the app now because it will not register.  Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Trying clearing the phones cache

Log out of the Fitbit app.

Restart the phone to clean up the memory.

Try a sync or a setup

Best Answer

It did not help at all.... I  have tried everything and even reloaded the app on numerousnoccassions. smileyfrustrated:  I have read many reviews in February where people's watches are no longer syncing since an update to the app. Is there a fix for this?? Beyond frustrated I spent this much money on a watch that won't keep time or track my fitness 

Best Answer

It seems as if you've tried everything imaginable.  But just in case you haven't,  Try logging out the app,  clear the data and cache of the app from your phone and relaunch it.  Also factory reset your Fitbit as well.  My hope it that either your phone or Fitibit needs a update and these techniques might help (at least that was what worked for me).  If that doesn't work, you may need consider a replacement.  Can you return the device to a retailer or use the warranty Fitbit gives you?  You'll at least be able to eliminate one of the issues you can get a new device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see that you're digging into the Fitbit Forums @Buyukkurt, @SunsetRunner, @Swolfe07 and @SwellroundedOG, let me give you a warm Welcome to our Community. 

I've noticed that you have received great assistance from @Rich_Laue Cat Happy.

I wonder if the issue still persist?

Thanks for posting, if you have any further questions, please let me know!

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with Michelle as i have had my blaze for 3 years now and sometimes it disconnects via bluetooth.  There have been occasions where i cannot access the bluetooth function on my watch so i can sync with my device and there are other days that i cant, today being one of them! I just went for a 16km run and i need it to sync to my phone but it wont and my blaze is not connecting via bluetooth and i cant locate it on my phone as it doesn’’t have bluetooth on and i cant even turn it on... so if it was always on why cant i locate it? Ive turned my blaze off and on 4x and turned bluetooth off/on on my phone too. Help..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im in the same boat as you Michelle its random.. some days i can find the bluetooth function on my blaze and other days not, today being one of them which is annoying as i just did a long run and need it to sync to my app on my phone but its not connecting via bluetooth.  I never disable the bluetooth on my blaze it just does it itself randomly and then if im lucky i can reconnect. Very frustrating...

Best Answer
0 Votes

When it comes yup the low energy Bluetooth of the Blaze, the only thing that you can do through your phones Bluetooth is to remove the Blaze. The user is unable to do the actual pairing and will be greeted with the message of "rejected by Blaze". 

Sync and setup most be done through the app. 

Their also is no setting for this Bluetooth on the Blaze,, since this Bluetooth can not be turned off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too have the same problem.. all of a sudden Bluetooth disappeared

Best Answer
0 Votes