Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Notifications on S8+ with Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

had to upgrade from my note 4 (finally wouldn't charge any more) and now I have an s8+, I have it connected and everything but my blaze won't show any notifications or anything at all...not calls, not texts etc.

help! I rely on my blaze because I keep my phone on silent since I work in an open environment so I'm not constantly looking at my phone.

Best Answer
83 REPLIES 83
Is the notification widget set to On on your watch? 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go on to the fitbit app. And in the top right hand corner should be a icon of your watch. Press that and it will show you all the settings to change on your watch. Press notifications then scroll down and it will say enable notification widget. Tap that so the thing next to it changes to red and hopefully it should work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20170602-213018.png

I've done everything y all are talking about except taking away the lock on my phone. That can't seriously be the fix I'm hoping. I can't leave my phone unlocked.

Best Answer

any luck? followed all suggestions to no avail even removing lock still not getting any notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines working fine. It just won't show what my texts are. Just says new message. But emails, WhatsApp and fb messenger I can read.

Best Answer
0 Votes

bigt78 can you tell me in android settings for Bluetooth is the blaze listed? my communicates with app fine but doesn't show as a Bluetooth device under Bluetooth menu. im wondering if that has something to do with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found another app to pair with the fitbit app that made it now work 

Best Answer
0 Votes
What app?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fit notifications

Best Answer
0 Votes

WhatsApp, it's a free messaging app on the app store or Google play store

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go on to your bluetooth menu on your phone and it should show up as blaze classic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is only locked by swiping the screen but that's only because I keep my phone in my pocket all day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20170617-035316.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Darn it, I just saw this.  I also upgraded to a galaxy s8 and am not receiving any notifications.  I've tried all the tricks and tips, and nothing has helped.  I ordered a Blaze for my husband for Fathers day, but the main reason he wants one is for the notifications while he's at work.  He has an s8+ so if it's not going to work, I'm going to have to send it back.  I hope our phones are added to the list and compatible soon.  Everything else works great, just no notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After hours of trying things I went to a meeting switched phone to vibrate went in to the meeting an scared me when 10 minutes in my wrist is vibrating.  Now all works fine I can even read text. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What are you settings. I can read texts on mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My notifications are now working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My notifications worked yesterday, but they are not working today.  I haven't changed any settings. Sometimes syncing takes over 20 minutes to finish.  And, I've noticed both my Blaze and my S8+ battery are draining much faster than anticipated. I have to charge my Blaze daily instead of every few days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Reboot the watch.... go to settings choose shutdown wait 5 min push any button to boot back up.... always works for me happens 1 every couple weeks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I synced my galaxy s8 plus, the fitbit listed my phone as a compatible phone.  Are you saying that it isn't? 

Best Answer
0 Votes