Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Notifications on S8+ with Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

had to upgrade from my note 4 (finally wouldn't charge any more) and now I have an s8+, I have it connected and everything but my blaze won't show any notifications or anything at all...not calls, not texts etc.

help! I rely on my blaze because I keep my phone on silent since I work in an open environment so I'm not constantly looking at my phone.

Best Answer
83 REPLIES 83

During the transfer/sync, the fitbit listed my galaxy s8+ as a compatible phone.  Ate you saying it isn't?

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

It's great to see you all around @Kaydeegraham@anfogarty26@Nick1000 and @WinterG.

Keep in mind that in order for a tracker to connect properly with your phones, they need to be compatible. Samsung Galaxy S8 is not a compatible phone yet, our team is hard working in testing the compatibility of several phones, your patience will be much appreciated.

In the meantime, you can follow the instructions provided by @MarreFitbit in the My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app) post and you can also keep an eye on our list of compatible mobile devices for any update.

See you later. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything is fine now.  For some reason, it takes a few days after syncing up for notifications to begin working.  You also have to have all the settings correct on the S8 phone and on the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone and notifications work fine. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone and notifications work fine. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
It took mine a few days to work. When I first got it (when I posted in this
thread) it wasn't compatible. About 5 days later notifications randomly
started working.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It took mine a few days to work. When I first got it (when I posted in this
thread) it wasn't compatible. About 5 days later notifications randomly
started working.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, now it all works.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine do now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine do now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

same here done everything they tell you it's time this issue is solved

Best Answer
0 Votes

sand here

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a galaxy s8 for about a month now and still cant get notifications of any sort and music controls don't work, also the Bluetooth connection seems to drop quite often but when it is connecting the app sinks all my data ie steps and sleep tracking fine.

I have tried all the above steps numerous time with no luck any other recommendations? 

Best Answer
I just kept deleting the fitbit app then installing again. the after three
weeks it just worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Been patient yall suck guess going to get gear

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you know about when the update will be? I just bought a Samsung s8 plus and I miss being able to receive my texts and calls on my fitbit blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just solved my S8 blaze notification syncing issue by enabling the Bluetooth Classic option

Issue : No Notifications and Can't pair with the balze

Steps followed to solve the issue: 

1.restarted the blaze 

2.removed it from the fitbit app

3.paired it again with the fitbit app

4.enable Bluetooth Classic option

5.then it will show the blaze device in the Bluetooth device list. (Default device name : Blaze (Classic) )  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oshada do you keep the Bluetooth classic enabled permanently? When I do that it remains permanently connected to my S8. Will this affect the battery life of my S8 and blaze? Does the Blaze need to be connected via Bluetooth in order to receive notifications?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
It did not work, I have the Samsung 8+, not the Samsung 8.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@iakudi:
1) No,I didn't enabled Bluetooth Classic permanently (I kept it enabled for 2 days) but i kept phone Bluetooth permanently enabled.

2) Yes ,enabling Bluetooth classic will affect the battery life of you phone and blaze.

3) Yes, I think Blaze need to be paired via Bluetooth to receive notifications(I'm not 100% sure 

Even though i'm having one Blaze device, now two Blaze devices are displaying under the paired Bluetooth device list of my phone( Blaze and Blaze Classic)

Best Answer
0 Votes