Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Notifications on S8+ with Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

had to upgrade from my note 4 (finally wouldn't charge any more) and now I have an s8+, I have it connected and everything but my blaze won't show any notifications or anything at all...not calls, not texts etc.

help! I rely on my blaze because I keep my phone on silent since I work in an open environment so I'm not constantly looking at my phone.

Best Answer
83 REPLIES 83

Which settings do I need to check? I have been through everything I can find and still doesn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get yours to work? I am having the exact same issues

@Sam_White wrote:

I have had a galaxy s8 for about a month now and still cant get notifications of any sort and music controls don't work, also the Bluetooth connection seems to drop quite often but when it is connecting the app sinks all my data ie steps and sleep tracking fine.

I have tried all the above steps numerous time with no luck any other recommendations? 

Best Answer

So after I connected by Bluetooth, on the Blaze I also enabled Bluetooth Classic to “ON” - it shows up on my S8 as “Blaze Classic”. I have left my Bluetooth on my phone all the time (but switched off the All-Day Synch). My S8 connects to the. So I can manually syncs when I need.

Suddenly today my notifications have started to work and my emails are coming through! Even my LinkedIn notifications are as well (just makes sure you have enabled these notifications on your S8).

There is no logical reason WHY it suddenly started to work.

Also make sure you have chosen the correct messaging app. For example I use Outlook not Gmail for my email so I selected Outlook. Text messages come via the Samsung messaging app.  

In a couple of days I will switch off Bluetooth Classic and see if it stills works (this was suggested earlier in this post).

Until Fitbit and Samsung release an update we are stuck.

PS. I now get the same new emails more than once but I’m not complaining!

Best Answer

The site says my phone is compatible... But I've had this thing 2 weeks, and get no notifications at all. I've posted many complaints on every forum I can find.  I've done every thing the help information says to do, ....but I get nothing on my Blaze.  I suspect it's been abandoned now by Fitbit for the pricier Ionic.  Is there REALLY any hope for fixing this?  Neither the Blaze, nor the S8+ is new.... By this time, there should be NO PROBLEMS!! . I'm not looking for promises... I'm expecting this thing to do what it was advertised to do. I'd really hate to send this back to Amazon. Can't someone take this issue seriously???

Best Answer
0 Votes
It will work with Bluetooth Classic turned off on the Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally upgraded to the new firmware and it still doesn't fix notifications with the S8+! 😠 never buying a fitbit again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you think the Samsung 8+ needs the "encryption" setting?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hear you... I chatted with Amazon last night.. my Blaze, Sport band, and stand charger are going back for a refund today.  I'm sad, but only God knows when, or if Samsung, or Fitbit will really fix this.  $200.00 is a lot to pay for a digital watch.
⁣             Life is short,....don't forget to enjoy the journey!​
Best Answer
0 Votes
thank you for your help. I have done these things. Now I guess it's a waiting game.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a lot of back and forth via email, chat and phone calls with fitbit. I have done everything in this thread multiple times. I even went as far as factory resetting my phone. Nothing helped. I ended up using some equipment at work to test the blaze and found it not giving off a steady Bluetooth signal. I thought this was the issue and fitbit support finally replaced the watch. Well new watch gives off a better signal but it still does not get notifications and connected GPS does not work. I have a Verizon s8+. Weird thing is my wife has the exact same setup. Verizon s8+ and blaze and her works perfectly. I did not test her watch with my phone or my watch with her phone because I'm pretty sure she would kill me if it stopped working. Hahaha. I guess it will just be a waiting game to see if fitbit can get the connection issues worked out. 

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue ? were you, or anyone else, able to diagnose the issue and come to a resolution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got blaze, set up the watch and all. Can't get the notifications (phone calls or texts) to go to blaze. I have successfully connected to the blaze classic through Bluetooth but still nothing. 

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since S8 is not compatible, I want a full refund. Would have been nice to know this before hand. Got this as a Christmas present and can't even fully use it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started working out of the blue. I did every possible test and tried every way to reset in different order. Nothing worked. It just started working 2 weeks after i gave up trying. Not connected GPS. Just notifications. And those are extremely hit or miss. I ended up going back to my charge 2. So now I have this almost brand new blaze with charging station and rose gold/leather band. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Should I not waste me time and return?

Best Answer

The S8 is completely compatable.. 

@Tsellar blaze classic is only for music control. 

Before notifications work the Blaze needs to show up as a trusted connected device, and this has to be done by the app. 

On the phone app enable

Fitbit notifications

Always Conniected

Then tell the app to send a test message, this will usually pair the tracker. 

If not the app will usually pair the tracker on a day

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have done all that. I have tried multiple things, turning the Bluetooth classic on, off, pair and sending test notification and nothing no matter What. I believe that should be set to pair and is only for the music part. 

Secondly there is blaze show up in my Bluetooth list but won' pair. Again I tired playing around with the above settings and pairing and it won' connect. 

I have also force stopped the app, restarted phone and nothing still. 

More suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes the blaze is what needs to be paired and the user can not do this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So how does this get fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Listen. People who say it works got very very lucky. I am an IT guy. I did every test I could. Even paired it with multiple phones. Swapped it out 4 times with fitbit support. Nothing. Fitbit support even said they know about the issues and are working on them. But no eta on a fix. It's just not working with the s8 and s8+ yet. Fitbit even passed the buck saying Samsung has to fix it on there end. I was happy with my charge2 and should have just stuck with that. I'd say save yourself the aggravation and get a charge 2 or an ionic. I bought my wife the Ionic and it seems to work great with her s8+. Sometimes the notifications are a little slow but it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes