Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No message notification & continuous vibrate/notification for incoming calls

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had issues for the past 2 weeks with my fitbit blaze where i am not receiving any messages at all. However i am still receiving notifications from third party apps such as whatsapp, snapchat, facebook etc, on the fitbit device

Also, when i receive incoming calls, the notification screen on fitbit device doesnt come off (even after answering or hanging up call), with the vibrate still vibrating throughout whole time.

I have tried all the troubleshooting methods (reset device, reinstall fitbit app, setting up as new watch, forgetting fitbit device from phone etc) however nothing is working.

its a shame as now im not using the watch.

extra notes:

- phone device is iphone 8+ running ios 13, (however didnt work on ios 12 either)

- fitbit blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Having the same issue, will probably purchase an Apple Watch if they don’t fix soon.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done 2 things which has made the Blaze respond much better.

Firstly I turned off Bluetooth Classic on the Blaze and unpaired that from my Samsung S5 phone.

Then I unchecked Messages in the notifications and added it to the App notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a solution to this.

I have just raised this issue with Fitbit support. The message "incoming calls" keep vibrating even when you pick or hang up a call. Very annoying, as I have really enjoyed using my fitbit blaze!

I have tried all suggested methods, but nothing has worked. This is the last attempt before I switch to Apple watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues, I have contacted Fitbit Support on Twitter on 12-29-19 but still haven't heard anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been an issue since the release of iOS 13 a few months ago. I fixed it by replacing my Fitbit with a Garmin. Fitbit seem to have fired all their programmers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there still any Blaze owners left here?  I might have a workaround for the constant vibrating!  I understand it's not a complete fix, but its certainly more manageable then the way things were.

On the iphone if you go to settings>notifications>phone> section were it says "alerts">  The banner style most likely says "persistant" you want to set that to "temporary." My phone still rings normally and displays correctly for calls so i'm not really sure what changed.

How my blaze works (tested by placing calls to my cell phone from my home phone and vice versa):

Incoming calls:

1. The blaze vibrates for 20 seconds and can be stopped if you push the left button

2. I let the 2 phones sit connected for a little over 30 minutes and the vibration never started back up again!

3. Tested again for 6 minutes  and followed the same behavior!

Outgoing calls (similar, but not consistent) tried several times each with different results:

1. It vibrates for 20 seconds.  I'm not sure why it's happening, but it seems to stop after 20 seconds

2. When it vibrates it says incoming call despite it being an outgoing call.

3. It can be stopped before 20 seconds by pressing the left button on the blaze, but on occasion it did start back up again to finish the first/initial 20 sec

4. One time it even just vibrated once to let me know i was on an active call with a little notification like a text

5. Due to the multiple calls i didn't opt to run it for an extended period of time.  The longest call was between 5 and 6 minutes, but the vibrating didn't start back up again!

I hope this helps  some of you guys!  i have the latest ios and the updated fitbit app. I'm also able to receive text messages. If need be i can try and walk some of you guys thru it.

Best Answer
0 Votes