Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notifications on Blaze with S8+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am confused as to why I am unable to receive notification from my S8+ on my Blaze. According to the Fitbit compatibility page, it claims that an S8+ includes the compatibility to push notifications from your phone. If this is not the case, I feel Fitbit is false advertising. I am frustrated and disappointed to the point that I am going to return my new Blaze.

If there is a solution to this issue, I am looking to help...

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

You're not alone Drew_D... I just spent an hour on the phone with FitBit and they had no clue (and tried to tell me the S8+ wasn't listed as a compatible device).  There are tons of threads going around on this and some say you have to have Blaze Classic and Blaze paired on our Bluetooth, but "blaze" is rejected by blaze.... I've also seen where one person said that once you get them both paired, you have to go to settings>Lock Screen and security>Smart Lock>(input your pin)>Got It>Trusted Devices>Add Trusted Devices>Bluetooth and then add them BOTH here as well.  I can only add Blaze Classic.  When I am in the app and I "send test notification", after a few mins I get an error telling me Bluetooth error, restart my Bluetooth.  It shouldn't be this difficult to get this stupid thing to work.  Does the Blaze need to be set to pair? I am about done with it and taking it back. Good luck, hope it starts to magically work for you, as so many other's on these threads have seen happen LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, Drew_D - guess what.... mine is working now!  I had sent requests like 200+ times for the Blaze to pair.  I had to set my tracker to "pair" in settings and the Blaze was visible.  It kept saying it was rejected and I gave up (a couple times is said pairing then no error). After I received my 1st notification, I opened my phone and it automatically asked me to add it to Smart Lock, so both the Blaze Classic and Blaze are in my trusted zone and I've received all my notifications since!  Good Luck!

Best Answer

Hi @storgers14 my Blaze has started to push notifications from my phone. I am not sure what I did or how it has started working, but after my first notification was pushed, my phone asked me to trust Blaze as a secure device. Once I set that up, all notifications (Calls / Msgs / Email / WhatsApp) are coming through. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all...I have complained about my blaze not syncing to my S8+, not rcv notifications.  I uninstalled/installed apprx 7-8 times, it would only sync to bluetooth classic, I was so frustrated. Then out of the blue, wallah! I started receiving notifactions, emails, etc the "Blaze" just showed up in my bluetooth as connected..I  did nothing out of the ordinary other than uninstalled/installed fit bit app...since I got my new S8+ this has not been an easy or simple process.  FITBIT's solutions do not work...I  hope you all get urs working soon.

Best Answer

I am having this same issue with my S8. I spent about an hour on chat with tech support trying all the things that you and the others mentioned in your threads. The end result was that they told me the S8 is still very new and they need to make some updates to the app. They don't know when this is coming though so I don't know if I'll keep this tracker yet. I like the tracker but I really want the notifications feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine! 

Regarding to your notifications issue, just keep in mind that this phone have been recently added so it might take some minutes for them to communicate properly. I recommend following the instructions provided by our friend @MarreFitbit in the My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app) post.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes