Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not coming through with phone on silent

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi fitbit,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and yesterday, halfway through the day, notifications stopped coming through to my Blaze. Under the notifications panel of the fitbit app it says "Your phone's ringer is not on. Incoming calls and app notifications will not be sent to your tracker while your phone is in silent mode." My phone has been in silent mode since I got my fitbit 4 months ago, and all notifications were going through fine until last night. What happened? My phone is not in do not disturb mode.

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

I just noticed the same thing and would like an explanation from Fitbit as well. When I am at work, and I'm sure a lot of other people too, I need to keep my phone on silent so its extremely convenient that I get text alerts on my wrist, in case its something important. Fitbit please fix this!

Best Answer

I'm glad I'm not the only one, but definitely concerned with the lack of response. I'm wondering, did you just get an android software update like two days ago? I wonder if the new update is incompatible 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I actually had a phone update not too long ago but then my Fitbit app updated yesterday, I think it was. So maybe something with the updates. I saw on another thread that they are aware and trying to fix the problem. Hopefully this is true!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh wow I couldn't find any new threads with this problem, but I hope you're
right!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is really frustrating. There have been problems all week with notifications and now this. An official response would be helpful.n

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so glad I finally found other people who are having the same problem. I keep my phone on silent so the messages come to my blaze during work in case of an emergency. I didn't realize the silent mode message until I read this. Phone calls barely ever come through to mine and right now I can't get a single text to come up. I hope this gets fixed soon. Has anyone called tech support about it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed this over the weekend but didn't think much about it until today.  I hope they fix this issue because like most people, I need my phone on silent at work but would like to be able to see notifications on my wrist. 

Best Answer

I used the chat function and they were able to get my watch to connect to my phone again. She had no idea there was a message showing for when the phone is on silent. I had to send her a screenshot of my phone. They're supposed to be looking into it. She said they would email me about it, but I haven't gotten anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think they screwed us over on the last update. In the notification settings on my Android app saying notifications we disabled due to my ringer being on silent. I actually started using the notifications so I could keep my phone on silent permanently lol. UPDATE: If you put the ringer on vibrate the message dissapears, that might be a work around for some people.

Screenshot_20180424-144522.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my Fitbit app yesterday and this happened to me too. Very annoying. I need to have my phone in silent/vibrate mode. Not happy I'm not getting my messages and calls now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, this needs fixed!! Hopefully Fitbit is working ro resolve this!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mel_P have you gotten any updates? It's been way too long without a peep from fitbit and my blaze is basically useless at this point. This is a software defect so it should be covered under warranty for returns. 

Best Answer

Finally!!!  Had an update this morning. Looks like Fitbit updated. I'm receiving notifications while by phone is on silent. Thank you !!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too! There's a toggle on the notifications page of the app that allows
you to choose notifications to come even when the phone is on silent or do
not disturb. Finally!
Best Answer
0 Votes

HAS BEEN FIXED NOW!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
WOOHOOOOO
Best Answer