Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications - not receiving, used tips from here and called customer serv

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Blaze for about 4 weeks.  I also have a Fitbit One, which I use with the Blaze sometimes.

The phone I use is a Galaxy S7 Edge.  I verified with Customer Service that my phone is compatible.

I've read so many posts on here with solutions to the lack of text and call notifications.  I think I've tried them all.  The Blaze is not consistent about receiving these notifications.

-using stock message on Verizon phone

-message preview is on

-restarted Blaze numerous times

-restarted phone

-turned off bluetooth and back on.  Currently, Blaze Classic is paired. Blaze rejects pairing as of now

-notifications are set to "on" on Blaze

-music control works, which I understand is controlled by BC

-I've used shutdown feature on Blaze

-on Blaze settings, BC had "on", I tapped it to change to pair (heck, I was trying everything)

Customer service took 30 minutes to take down my info just to try to transfer me to the Help line.  They were busy and no one has called me back.  

Is there anything I'm overlooking?  Any suggestions?  I'm still in my return time frame, at least for 2 more days.  I love it when it works.

Thanks!

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Is bluetooth classic set to off?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Is it supposed to be set to off?

M

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the Blaze or phone?

It is in the "on" position on the Blaze

and paired on the phone

Best Answer
0 Votes
Bluetooth classic is strictly used for music control, so it doesn't matter.
For the Blaze does it say that it is paired?
Of not then this is the problem. Yes you are unable to pair through the Phones BT setting, this must be done through the app. A forced Sync should do the pairing. I would try syncing again.
If this doesn't work, for me it took a few hours before it paired and notifacations started to work.
The other thing you could try is to do a replace current Blaze, and replacing it with itself.
Best Answer

I had mine set to on for weeks and received no notifications. I then switched it bluetooth classic to off on the blaze and started receiving notifications. Not really sure what it is supposed to be, only that that is the setting that works for me and could be worth trying.

Best Answer
Thanks

Michael
Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich-

It works.

When I just checked my phone, it showed Blaze was paired.  Odd.  

Fudge-I also took your advice and turned off the Blaze Classic on the tracker.

Since the tracker started working and I wasn't sure if it was because it was paired or because I turned off the BC on the tracker, I unpaired the Blaze on my phone bluetooth, but kept the BC "off" on the tracker.  It stopped working.

Conclusion:  my phone will not consistently maintain the pairing of the Blaze.  When I tried to reconnect, it rejected it again.  However, when I checked back a few minutes later, it was paired.

I will keep the BC off on the tracker, but I think my bigger problem is trying to maintain the bluetooth pairing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much for the information!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How many devices do you have with the fitbit app on them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my phone, laptop and kindle fire.  I did read something about bluetooth from one interfering with another, but there are times when the issue presents while I'm at work.  I don't have any wireless or bluetooth items.  Just a PC and wired mouse.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Personally I only have the fitbit app on my phone. I deleted it from my pc because it caused issues.

Hopefully you can get it working as expected. 

Best Answer

That is definitely something I will consider.  I will update this thread if the problem persists.  Fingers crossed!  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TrueRedhead@fudge22@mipaz and @Rich_Laue. It's great to have you here! 🙂  @TrueRedhead I was reviewing the list of compatible devices and the Galaxy S7 Edge is not on the list. This means it can sync but is not fully tested and you might experience issues with it. Depending on your device, all features may not be fully functional. Keep an eye on this list as it will be listed there once fully tested. 

Also if you receive call, text, or calendar notifications on your Fitbit tracker, your tracker has a Bluetooth "bond" with the mobile device that sends the notifications. This bond prevents the tracker from syncing with another mobile device or a computer. To quickly and temporarily disable the bond, turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device. You can turn it back on later to resume syncing.

Let me know if you have any questions! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Thanks, Angela!

I noticed my device wasn't on the list, but when I called the girl gave me the wrong information.  I sure hope they add the S7Edge to the list soon!  Now I understand why it's hit or miss.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TrueRedhead hope you are having a really active day! 😉 I'm sorry to hear about your experience with customer support, rest assured our team is working hard to get more devices added to the list. Keep an eye on it for any update. 

I'll be arround if you have any questions. 🙂 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been months since the Blaze came out and the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is still not on the compatible list.  Any idea when this will be resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TrueRedhead I can not provide you a specific time frame for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to be added to the list. Are you still experiencing issues with receiving notifications? 

Catch you later! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works more often than not, but there are still instances I have to go through restarting everything to try to get it to work.  I'm very surprised they haven't made the Blaze compatible with this phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TrueRedhead developers test the phones to make sure they are fully compatible with all Fitbit trackers in order to add them to the list. Sometimes you will get this glitch even if your device is compatible. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes