Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not working on Blaze with Samsung S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I finally managed to get my Blaze today, which I plan to use with my Samsung S8.

I followed the simple instructions to download the app and registered my device without issue.

I started the app up and managed to get it to sync up. This is where I started to have issues. No matter what I did, I couldn't receive notifications, i.e. calls, texts, WhatsApp etc. 

I've done troubleshooting with fitbit call staff to no avail. They said I need to wait on an update.

Here's my issue though. I know thst other people with an S8 and Blaze are able to receive notifications.

Does anyone know of any fixes for this issue?

Thanks.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Anyone???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Jamie1873. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your notifications not working properly on your Samsung Galaxy S8 😕

It seems that this is a problem that has been affecting not all S8 users but a big number of them. In order to get this sorted, an update release from Samsung is necessary as you just mentioned before. Please, keep an eye on it and hopefully we can have you back on track soon with this and for more information on it, you can always check this post.

Anything else I can help you with, let me know! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Hello @Jamie1873 maybe @FerdinandFitbit can explains my experiance with the s8 

For now let's go to the Bluetooth settings, pill down the notification panel and hold your finger on the Bluetooth icon for a second. Do you see your Blaze as connected? If not you will not receive notifications. My experiance with the S8 is that it takes hours, one time it took a day for the app to reconnect the tracker. My sisters S8 linked up and sent. Notifications within a minute after setting the tracker up. 

For me I simply wait, after I swipe down on the clock face to confirm notifications are still enabled. 

Best Answer