Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Alarms in the Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, My son has ADHD and we were wondering how many alarms can be set in a Blaze?  We would like him to get an alarm or notification every x number of minutes, say 10 minutes?  That would be like 50 ish alarms a day while at school.  He also will not have his phone with him all the time.  So they alarms would have to operate from the Blaze.  Is this possible?

Thank-you in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @CaptainWasabi  you're a good parent! The alarms are limited to eight a day. There is also the reminder to move and if your son hasn't moved 250 steps in an hour, at ten minutes to the hour, a buzz can be felt. So you could have that hourly in addition to the eight you can program. The alarms would sync and be on the Blaze, so he wouldn't need the phone with him other than to sync his data. Is there a reason to have fifty alarms during the school day? If he could have his phone with him, you could use it to have more alarms go off in addition to the Blaze.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

A limit of eight.   Idealy I would want him to get a an alarm a couple of times an hour to remind him to be on task.   I will have to see if 8 will be enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CaptainWasabi  if you had to, put two devices on him? I don't know if he'd walk 250 steps in an hour, but if you put that feature on his Blaze, then that would be one more per hour for him. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CaptainWasabi I know you said he wouldn't have the phone on him, but is it like where the phone would be across the room in a back pack or something?

The bluetooth range is usually around 10m, but you may want to test it for your scenario. As long as the phone would be nearby you can set up as many alarms as you wanted. Then the times where you know he won't be around the phone you can offset it with the 8 alarms @Odyssey13 mentioned.

The blaze will let you set up notifications from pretty much any app you have on the phone.  So if you wanted to set up a bunch of calendar entries in the phones calendar it could go off the 50 times you are looking for and display a little message on the tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes