Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once the Blaze screen turns off, it wont turn on unless it is placed in the charging bay

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had my Fitbit Blaze since April 2016 and this problem started back in February 2018.  My watch is out of warranty Smiley Sad

Problem:  Once the screen times out or goes to sleep, the Blaze will not wake at all (pressing the buttons, using quick view (waking the screen by raising your wrist), or tapping the screen does not work).  The green heart rate sensor lights turn off almost immediately after the screen turns off.  The only way to get the watch to turn back on is to place it on the charger.  The moment the blaze is placed on the charger the  the unit boots back up.  It shows the fitbit logo, and a few seconds later it shows the watch's default clock display.  It is not a battery issue because the screen will stay on as long as you keep the display awake (by tapping on it or pressing buttons).

TL;DR Problem:  Screen and heart sensor turns off and will not turn back on until it is placed back in the charging bay.

Attempted Resolutions:  

1. Tried restarting the watch by holding the Left button and the bottom right button for 10 seconds  (http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186).  
  2. Tried deleting the watch from my fitbit app and running through setup again
  3. Called Technical Support:
    • Asked me to do Step 1 again (no luck again)
    • Asked me to clean the charging contacts on the back of the blaze and the charging pins of the charging bay with isopropyl alcohol
    • Suggested that it is mostly likely a screen issue (don't understand how it is the screen, since it stays on as long as it stays awake)
    • Watch is out of warranty, but tech offered small discount in the purchase of a new fitbit (excluding i believe the surge or the new iconic at the time)
  4. Tried changing certain settings (default display clock, turn off notifications)
  5. Tried resetting the watch while it was still in the charging bay (which is actually kind of hard to do with the OEM charging bay)
  6. Tried pulling out the watch from the charger while it was booting up (showing the fitbit logo).  Doing this prevented the watch from booting all the way to the default clock display.

If anyone has similar issues with their fitbit blaze please respond below and share your experience.  Since the warranty is over and this watch is pretty much going to get recycled, I am going to try opening it up and fiddling around with the electronics.  Maybe I can pinpoint the issue to a particular component, or maybe even try replacing the screen.

Note: Had to re-post because my previous post was accidentally removed or flagged as spam.  Technical Support asked me to post this thread again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I have the same issue.  No idea how to get it to reset.

Just out of warranty.

Anyone have ideas how to reset the Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoeC65

Restart?

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

You can also do a shut down. If you swipe through the screens until you get to settings. Then tap on settings and scroll to the bottom to see Shutdown. Tap that

It will come back on once you push in a button

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thank you @JoeC65 for sharing your issue and @WendyB for sharing your input!

I also originally tried restarting the device three times as per the instructions on the link, but it still shows the same symptoms above.  I did the restart while the device was still on the charger.  I was successful in restarting the device three times, but once the device is removed and the screen times out, the issue comes back again.  I also tried shutting the device down, but device wont turn on until it's placed in the charging bay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then please contact support. Use the help link at top of forum.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

As you can see in step 3 of my original post, I already contacted Technical Support, and I have went through the steps they have suggested.  Because my watch is out of warranty a replacement is not possible.  I have been very careful with my Fitbit Blaze, even got it a screen protector (which i removed for troubleshooting purposes).

This post is to see how many people have this similar issue, especially if there device was out of warranty, and if anyone has figured out a resolution.  

@WendyB, I will try contacting technical support again to see if there is anything else I can try...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me this morning.  I charged overnight, put on and noticed about 3hrs later the time was wrong. I shut it down twice and now it will not come on. Ughh 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Fitbit Blaze for 2 years(July 2016) and it just randomly started doing the same thing today. I thought it was the battery at first but I realized when I put it on the charger that it’s fully charged. I’m not sure what else to do besides what I tried above. We will see if any of the solutions work. I’ll update that in the morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes