Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other ways to wear

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I've just got a new job as a healthcare assistant and we are not allowed to wear anything on our arms below our elbows. I have worn my blaze religiously for a year and a half, and don't want to stop, I just wondered if anyone has found another way to wear there blaze that is still as accurate. Or another style of Fitbit that would work aswell that still has all the features? Ideally I don't want to spend more money, but needs must.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the forums!

You could wear it on your ankle. But Heart rate will not be accurate. You might need an extender but they can be found at Amazon.

Or place in a pocket. Again Heart rate will not be accurate

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Nayg3m, Fitbit does not recommend wearing any of its wrist trackers on the ankle, because the algorithms for step counting are based on wearing the device on your wrist.  

Fitbit's recommendation is that whenever you are unable to wear your device on your wrist, you should slip it into your pocket, where you should get fairly accurate step count.  Obviously you will not get heartrate, and in that case the solution is to turn off HR detection (which will also save battery).  

You can turn off heartrate detection either on the device itself (go to the Blaze's settings menu) or in your app.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

iv'e taken my blaze out and put it in the inside of my sock

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please clarify.  Did you remove the wristband?  If so, could any of the trackers with interchangeable wristbands be just placed in one's pocket after removing the band?  I understand heart rate wouldn't be tracked, but not all of us care about that.  

The reason I ask is because the One is no longer syncing after trying all suggestions.  I don't want or need a device on my wrist as I have a nice watch that I prefer.  I'm looking for an alternative.  NO, I don't want a Zip.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I often put my Blaze tracker in my sock
Best Answer

It's great to see you around @itzfun and @henry123 thanks for the input.

Keep in mind that the Blaze was designed to wear it on your wrist. But if you prefer to use it inside of a pocket, you can do it. Just have in mind that it won't be 100% accurate.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply.  I would like to know if any and/or all of your devices that have removable wristbands can be used in one's pocket.  I realize some functions may not be accurate.  I just would like to be able to remove the wristband and keep the device in my pocket as I do the One.

Also, I have not quite given up on the One.  I just would like the solution to be quicker.  There are still a lot of Ones out there, and many folks seem to be having the same problem with syncing that I am.

It would be nice if Fitbit kept in mind that not all customers/users want to wear a device.  Nor do these same customers want something quite as simplistic as the Zip.

I have been a user for over three years.  Getting this device has motivated me to move more, and for that I am grateful.

Sandy

Best Answer

In same boat, I’ve had a couple Ones for 8 - yes - 8 wonderful years! 

I am literally 1/2 my weight since I got my first One. I don’t like wrist versions, my last One finally died ;( have several Zips - they stink. Sorry Fitbit.  I’ve done 7k + steps today (iPhone tracking) zip says 1900... new battery.... worked yesterday 21k steps.... today randomly counting steps. Maddening.  Fitbit!! Wake up!! Dump the Zip bring back the One!

Even an acknowledgement from Fitbit that they hear One users & are working on a newer, better version will go a long way.  One users tend to be more serious step counters - not fitness fad chasers.  Even with my hidden One on my person for 8 years, I have recruited many, many One users in those eight years.  

Thanks for listening to my rant y’all!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey neptunegirl (Jogger), congratulations on your accomplishment!

Your argument to Fitbit is very well stated. Fitbit, as other companies,
is after the almighty dollar. I doubt that they care about individual
users like you and me. Not every person wants to advertise that they are
tracking their steps or other activities with something worn on the wrist.

I've had my One for close to 3 1/2 years, and have been very pleased with
it. It syncs with my gym and my health insurance. Both of which give
monetary rewards for exercising. However when my One dies, unless I can
get something else to carry in my pocket like the One, I'll probably give
up this type of device.

Yes, it would be wonderful if Fitbit acknowledged us.

One company has a device that is worn on a finger, but the reviews I have
read are not very encouraging to me. At this point I would not buy one.

Healthy 2019 to you,
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wear mine at work inside my sock without the watch band 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Take off the strap and pop it in your bra. My daughter does this for netball as she is not allowed to wear a watch

Best Answer