Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pace/Split times seem to good to be true!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I ran 6.8 miles on Sunday and my Fitbit calculated all my mile splits under 10 minutes each. This does not seem right to me as I usually slow down towards the end of my runs, not maintain pace. Any info?

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@UrbanCurbStompr, you say that you ran 6.8 miles. Was this distance calculated by the Blaze, or do you know from another means that this is the true distance?

The pace is calculated off of tge distance that is calculated by the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use my phone for GPS since the Blaze does not have its own GPS. I'm thinking it may also be the phone? But yes this is the true distance. Total time was said to be 1h3m ish.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, then lets look at the mile points on the map, do they liok accurate? 

While the Blaze does not have it's own GPS, it is able to connect to your phones GPS while connected through bluetooth with your phone.

So yes you can start recording  the run from your wrist or from the Fitbit App, either way it will use the phones GPS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree and that is how I tracked this run. I also got an alert for every mile passed so it seemed accurate enough.? I have just never held a pace like that before, so I am not sure it was entirely accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm at a loss as to what it might be, that is, unless your endurance and speed are being built up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

These are my numbers from that day.

Lap Time Distance (miles) Pace  
Scroll Up
10:08:481.008'48"0%
20:09:001.008'59"17%
30:09:001.008'59"17%
40:09:211.009'23"54%
50:09:451.009'45"88%
60:09:541.009'52"100%
70:07:520.809'38"78%
Scroll Down
Distance (miles) Pace  
Scroll Up
18'48"0%
28'59"17%
38'59"17%
49'23"54%
59'45"88%
69'52"100%
0.819'38"78%
Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @UrbanCurbStompr and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

I just want to ask one question here, are you saying that your tracker is being accurate enough and want to make sure that the information that it registered is correct? 

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hello, what I am saying is that I have never kept a pace like that before. My first mile is usually in the mid 8s and usually my pace after that steadily declines from there on. The further I go the longer my pace becomes. So the fact that my miles consistently stayed under 10 makes mewonder if this run is accurate. I'm just trying to get everything dialed in. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

It's because the Blaze is innacurate, even when connected to GPS.  There are a lot of threads on here about it, but FItbit refuse to acknowledge the fault.  It appears when travelling east/west the data is out by about 20%.  North south is accurate.  

I ran on the weekend with the blaze on one arm and a garmin on the other.  Garmin said 12km, and Blaze said 14km.  The result is that the blaze thought I ran at about 4:00/km, rather than the real 4:40/km, which is why it appears your pace is so good.    

Other threads talking about the issue:  

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Blaze-Inaccurate-Distance-Even-W-GPS/td-p/1422134

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/GPS-Inaccurate-after-Blaze-update/td-p/1911771

Fitbit's recommended solution is to reboot your mobile device which is absolute BS.  I imagine if they admit it is a problem, and they can't fix it with software, they will have to recall all devices, so I don't think theres any chance of getting assistance from them.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. My run was a South to North run on the beach which I know in South Florida we have issues with GPS the closer we get to the beach. 20% inaccuracy seems about right from what I see in my usual runs. I'll keep that in mind from here on out. Thank you all for your help.

-M 

Best Answer
0 Votes